Vaginal Cancer

Dear Sir/Madam:

I have vaginal cancer for which I have had surgery and radiation treatment.  Since this appears to be an unusual form of cancer, there is very little information that I can find on the internet.  Oncologists and gynolcologists have not been very helpful in this regard.  I am 69 years old and have gone beyond the anticipated date of  my predicted death.

Would you be good enough to direct me to a website or even a chat room so that I can get more information.

With thanks,

Teresa

Comments

• annie4145
    annie4145 Member Posts: 218 Member
    Sorry I cannot help you more.

Sorry I cannot help you more.  Try to google search, and learn to use "Google Scholar" to see and find out as much information possible about your specific type of cancer.  What state are you from?  Is there a way to get to a major teaching hospital? If you have a rare cancer, they might be better equiped to deal with it?  Is it squamous cell cancer?   (It won't help you exactly, but you can participate in the our Anal Cancer Board.  Perhaps some of the side effects might be the same if you will be going through radiation and chemotherapy.)  Good luck.

Barbara

• GoDucks
    GoDucks Member Posts: 1
    Hi Teresa,

Hi Teresa,

If you want to provide me with some specifics in regards to the kind of cancer I would be more than willing to do as my research as I can to help!!

Lisa