Cant Clean After Poo...Water Stings Too Much from Burns..

Options
2»

Comments

• Ottawamarc1234
    Ottawamarc1234 Member Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    OPfarmer said:

9 days after an intense 30

9 days after an intense 30 day radiation treatment for stage 4..   Their was no walking about.  Just laid in bed 10 steps from toilet and cried, for a month.   8 moths later pain is gone , but still do not venture for from toilet in the AM.  I am alive but I do not expect my world to return to the way it was pre cancer.

I used only a Bidet on the toilet.   Made up my own cream for pain.  It consisted of linacane (for my Port), liquid Moriphene, and cocobutter cream.  Oh witch hazel at times too.

Day 10 Post Radiation..."Missed The Corner"..

Two poos am. On bed for hours in fetus position and extra Oxycodone. Better this evening but am afraid have too poo again soon..the itch after the bath nasty too!! Slept most of the day. Heat Wave in Ottawa anyways.

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options
    Age and Healing..

Aint 20 anymore....am 56 year old male...the healing process must take loooooonger as you age...thats wht suffering so looooong!!

• Msmoxie
    Msmoxie Member Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    colloidal silver wound spray

Hello there.  I am sorry to hear that you are suffering so much.  It is a common thread here on the board.  My rad onc told me its like sunburn... I call BS!!!  Most seem to suffer severe burns from the radiation.  

My suggestion is if you want to look into colloidal silver.  They use it on so many wounds, burns, infections... I copied part of an information page but you can look into it further.  I am taking it orally to build my immune system.  

Here is what I copied:

Ten ways to use colloidal silver for self healing

1) You can spray it onto burns to prevent infections and promote faster healing without scarring.

2) You can also spray or dab it onto ringworm, boils, herpes sores, and warts for faster healing.

3) If you're having bronchial problems or walking pneumonia, you can put some colloidal silver in a nebulizer and breathe it into your bronchial area and lungs directly.

4) Small amounts taken daily as a tonic will give what some call a second immune system to guard against flues and colds. Easy and inexpensive if you make if you make your own.

5) Colloidal silver drops can be used for ear infections without any harmful side effects. Some use it for eye and nasal infections as well. Perhaps it can be injected anally with an enema bulb to help cleanse the colon.

6) It can be applied topically for vaginal yeast infections or oral thrush (yeast infection). Could be useful for chronic jock itch as well.

7) Colloidal silver can be used by pregnant women to assist fetal development and easier delivery of the newborn child.

8) It can be taken early with the onset of a cold, flu, or bronchitis to get over it quickly without harming beneficial bacteria. Antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria.

9) Colloidal silver can be used successfully to combat MRSA infections. MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) is a staph infection that can be fatal and is now resistant to antibiotics. It usually occurs during hospital stays, but has become rampant enough to originate outside hospitals (https://www.naturalnews.com/023712_MRSA_Texas_infections.html).

10) There has been some success using colloidal silver with AIDS patients. It adds a layer of needed additional immunity while destroying existing pathogens.

More about colloidal silver

Early 20th Century western medicine used silver as a prime antibiotic and anti-fungal until the 1930s. Then antibiotics became a major source of Big Pharma revenue.

As more and more antibiotics were created, the pathogenic microbes began evolving into resistant strains to them. The health dangers imposed by antibiotics by destroying friendly gut flora needed for digestion and immunity were disregarded.

Like everyone says... we are all individuals but when you are hurting so bad ... maybe it helps to get suggestions and then you can decide for yourself.  The good thing is that it is relatively inexpensive.  My niece sent me a care package of all of the application types of colloidal silver as my immune system is weak right now and I am constantly fighting infections from the tumors having been right on both sphincters and also growing outside.  This is such a horrible cancer... no one should have to suffer this much.

The brand my niece chose for me is Sovereign Silver.  I apply gel to my bum by dripping it on after a shower... I am in the same boat as you as having days that you live very near to the toilet and the constant cleanup is exhausting and disgusting.  I take an oral silver one tsp. five times a day to help build my immune system (that was recommended to fight these cancers... I have breast and SCC anus and rectum.  

I tried the sitz bath but it was just sitting in a cesspool of filth and I could not stand it.  

Sending you positive energies that you will start healing from the burns/rad soon.

Moxie

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options
    Msmoxie said:

colloidal silver wound spray

Hello there.  I am sorry to hear that you are suffering so much.  It is a common thread here on the board.  My rad onc told me its like sunburn... I call BS!!!  Most seem to suffer severe burns from the radiation.  

My suggestion is if you want to look into colloidal silver.  They use it on so many wounds, burns, infections... I copied part of an information page but you can look into it further.  I am taking it orally to build my immune system.  

Here is what I copied:

Ten ways to use colloidal silver for self healing

1) You can spray it onto burns to prevent infections and promote faster healing without scarring.

2) You can also spray or dab it onto ringworm, boils, herpes sores, and warts for faster healing.

3) If you're having bronchial problems or walking pneumonia, you can put some colloidal silver in a nebulizer and breathe it into your bronchial area and lungs directly.

4) Small amounts taken daily as a tonic will give what some call a second immune system to guard against flues and colds. Easy and inexpensive if you make if you make your own.

5) Colloidal silver drops can be used for ear infections without any harmful side effects. Some use it for eye and nasal infections as well. Perhaps it can be injected anally with an enema bulb to help cleanse the colon.

6) It can be applied topically for vaginal yeast infections or oral thrush (yeast infection). Could be useful for chronic jock itch as well.

7) Colloidal silver can be used by pregnant women to assist fetal development and easier delivery of the newborn child.

8) It can be taken early with the onset of a cold, flu, or bronchitis to get over it quickly without harming beneficial bacteria. Antibiotics kill good and bad bacteria.

9) Colloidal silver can be used successfully to combat MRSA infections. MRSA (methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus) is a staph infection that can be fatal and is now resistant to antibiotics. It usually occurs during hospital stays, but has become rampant enough to originate outside hospitals (https://www.naturalnews.com/023712_MRSA_Texas_infections.html).

10) There has been some success using colloidal silver with AIDS patients. It adds a layer of needed additional immunity while destroying existing pathogens.

More about colloidal silver

Early 20th Century western medicine used silver as a prime antibiotic and anti-fungal until the 1930s. Then antibiotics became a major source of Big Pharma revenue.

As more and more antibiotics were created, the pathogenic microbes began evolving into resistant strains to them. The health dangers imposed by antibiotics by destroying friendly gut flora needed for digestion and immunity were disregarded.

Like everyone says... we are all individuals but when you are hurting so bad ... maybe it helps to get suggestions and then you can decide for yourself.  The good thing is that it is relatively inexpensive.  My niece sent me a care package of all of the application types of colloidal silver as my immune system is weak right now and I am constantly fighting infections from the tumors having been right on both sphincters and also growing outside.  This is such a horrible cancer... no one should have to suffer this much.

The brand my niece chose for me is Sovereign Silver.  I apply gel to my bum by dripping it on after a shower... I am in the same boat as you as having days that you live very near to the toilet and the constant cleanup is exhausting and disgusting.  I take an oral silver one tsp. five times a day to help build my immune system (that was recommended to fight these cancers... I have breast and SCC anus and rectum.  

I tried the sitz bath but it was just sitting in a cesspool of filth and I could not stand it.  

Sending you positive energies that you will start healing from the burns/rad soon.

Moxie

Day 12 Post Radiation..Feeling Better But...

Burns still on right butt cheek and weird skin infection on upper groin skin area. Looks like a burn discolored on skin. Terrible itch after every poo. Sitting in bath is gross with poo floating around like little Rubber Duckies!!

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options
    Day 13 Post Radiation..Feeling Great Then Big Setback..

A hard poo had me back to miserable pain and suffering. Just started to feel better after almost a year..rough poo tore me apart. If Itake Restorlax daily 20 craps. If I take Metamucil..rough poos. Just Cant win!! Slooooow Recovery.

• Msmoxie
    Msmoxie Member Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    another thing to consider for your pain

Hello again Ottowamarc,  I did not know if you have a muscle relaxer on hand... I found they were what I needed after a digital rectal exam ... I have not even opened the pain pills they prescribed but I make sure to keep 10mg Flexeril on hand and if I have spasms starting from exams or harder bm they do the trick for me... I had to ask my doctor for them but he immediately sent in the Rx when I asked ... they have no problem providing whatever I need for the care and preventing/avoiding pain.

It is so hard this ac and the treatment of ac.  

Take care

Moxie

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options
    Msmoxie said:

another thing to consider for your pain

Hello again Ottowamarc,  I did not know if you have a muscle relaxer on hand... I found they were what I needed after a digital rectal exam ... I have not even opened the pain pills they prescribed but I make sure to keep 10mg Flexeril on hand and if I have spasms starting from exams or harder bm they do the trick for me... I had to ask my doctor for them but he immediately sent in the Rx when I asked ... they have no problem providing whatever I need for the care and preventing/avoiding pain.

It is so hard this ac and the treatment of ac.  

Take care

Moxie

Saw Radiologist Today..Told Me....

.....to stop taking all Meds and heal naturally. Easier said then done. 2 poos today and terrible pain afterwards. More like I need to 'ween' myself off the Meds over time. i know my body he doesnt!. 

• OPfarmer
    OPfarmer Member Posts: 14
    Options
    I believe I quit the opate

I believe I quit the opate based pain killers about then. (Good thing because they mess your bowl movements up)

Used a lots of topical pain killers though.  Over the counter linacane patch on the spine above the radiation helped.  So did a a couple of stiff drinks.

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options
    Not a Drinker..Sour Taste Developed In Mouth...

See other post. Still pain after each poo for aboot an hour. Was able to go for long walk today and get a little work done at the Public Library which was on hold for 3 months because of my Treatment. Didnt overdoit...do more another day.

Us my routine life coming back...not sure...One Day At A Time...Post Day 14.

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options
    Starting to Feel Better Post Day 22...Pull Groin Muscle..

....in bathtub getting in and out. Sciadic nerve in back. No fair. Just starting to feel better and this crap happens...icing the area with Frozen Raspberry Bag..barely walk. 6 foot 6 inches tall....in and out of bathtub pulled stupid muscle....ahhhhh

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Another option.

Greetings, Ottawamarc1234,

Something else for you (and others with dragging tails >_< ) to consider is this product - "Comfort Shield Barrier Cream Cloths", manufactured by Sage.

When my skin was sloughing off in bloody sheets, the hospital got them for me so I wouldn't scream so much and alarm the other patients. They are like soothing clouds! I used them for many months while waiting for the radiation-induced anal fissures to heal. The local VA Hospital uses them on their in-patient nursing home clients, too. They keep them in a warmer for extra soothing.

To defray the cost, I ordered them by the carton (though you don't have to) and cut the largest sheets into quarters, each the size of toilet tissue. [NOTE: They are not flushable.]

https://sageproducts.com/comfort-shield-barrier-cream-cloths-skin-injury/

• Ouch_Ouch_Ouch
    Ouch_Ouch_Ouch Member Posts: 508 Member
    Options

Another option.

Greetings, Ottawamarc1234,

Something else for you (and others with dragging tails >_< ) to consider is this product - "Comfort Shield Barrier Cream Cloths", manufactured by Sage.

When my skin was sloughing off in bloody sheets, the hospital got them for me so I wouldn't scream so much and alarm the other patients. They are like soothing clouds! I used them for many months while waiting for the radiation-induced anal fissures to heal. The local VA Hospital uses them on their in-patient nursing home clients, too. They keep them in a warmer for extra soothing.

To defray the cost, I ordered them by the carton (though you don't have to) and cut the largest sheets into quarters, each the size of toilet tissue. [NOTE: They are not flushable.]

https://sageproducts.com/comfort-shield-barrier-cream-cloths-skin-injury/

Addendum....

The next time you're at your infusion center, ask if the affiliated hospital has this product available for you to try. They might have them in the obstetrics department, as my hospital did. If you like them, ask the infusion center to utilize them, too.

• OPfarmer
    OPfarmer Member Posts: 14
    Options

Addendum....

The next time you're at your infusion center, ask if the affiliated hospital has this product available for you to try. They might have them in the obstetrics department, as my hospital did. If you like them, ask the infusion center to utilize them, too.

Shield wipes

I used those in ACU, when I was on the toilet 24 times a day!  They are great.

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options
    Correct Post Rad Date is 17 not 20.. Feeling Better Setback..

Starting to feel a whole lot better until my second poo and small too set me off in miserable pain in my Crack Area...maybe skin is damaged from me rubbing my butt on a towel each time I finish from the bath/shower...doing the 'Radiation Shuffle'..rubbing my bum on a towel to clean off the excess poo I cant seem to get rid of cleaning up. Still very sore in my crack area despite the Post Days going by. 

Had to take a hand held shower today afraid of repulling my groin muscle getting in and out of the tub. So I stoop over the drain in the bathub and spray my bum to try and get rid of the excess feces. Never seem to get it all out...thus the Radiation Shuffle on an old Towel.. Like Dog or Cat on your carpet. Rubbing the burnt skin too much probally aint good for you either..honestly a little 'Erotic' feeling when your doing it too. 

Suggestions? Hurts to much still to use finger to clean.

Thanks

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options

Correct Post Rad Date is 17 not 20.. Feeling Better Setback..

Starting to feel a whole lot better until my second poo and small too set me off in miserable pain in my Crack Area...maybe skin is damaged from me rubbing my butt on a towel each time I finish from the bath/shower...doing the 'Radiation Shuffle'..rubbing my bum on a towel to clean off the excess poo I cant seem to get rid of cleaning up. Still very sore in my crack area despite the Post Days going by. 

Had to take a hand held shower today afraid of repulling my groin muscle getting in and out of the tub. So I stoop over the drain in the bathub and spray my bum to try and get rid of the excess feces. Never seem to get it all out...thus the Radiation Shuffle on an old Towel.. Like Dog or Cat on your carpet. Rubbing the burnt skin too much probally aint good for you either..honestly a little 'Erotic' feeling when your doing it too. 

Suggestions? Hurts to much still to use finger to clean.

Thanks

Took Oxycodone Again...

....tp alleviate the crack pain. Half a Tab. Got off it for a few days. Frustrating....

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options
    First Shower In Over A Year...

Managed to stand up in bathtub and take a shower with hand held device. Clean my butt with little pain. Hopefully its a turnaround. Groin pull still there from what? Radiation destroy groin muscles too? 56 and outta shape and very tall 6'6".

• Ohmy
    Ohmy Member Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    The two weeks after treatment

The two weeks after treatment were the worst for me.  I took the pain medication, showered with the hand held shower, went bottomless, used Domeboro compresses, used Aquaphor and aloe, slept a lot,and I took milk of magnesia to keep everything moving.  The important thing is to keep the area clean and dry so it can heal.

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options
    Clean and Dry to Promote Healing...Bad Area

Birthday Suit at home. Gauze absorbent bandages in crack in underwear or diapers.

• Ottawamarc1234
    Options
    Damn "New Hole or Fissure" Keeping Me From Sleeping...Pain

Had a late evening poo and shower...pain started immediately following...3 AM now full Oxycodone...still in pain...tried new Vitamin E oil as suggested by Nurse...stung like crazy..open wound...not a great idea that was!.Post 19 Days with a new complication and no clue what to do...other go back to Hospital Emergency and start all over again!! Madness!!