Boswellia (Frankincense)

Options
2»

Comments

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    Options
    I don't mind trying things

I don't mind trying things that are cheap and not unpleasant. But the 15k 'cure' in Mexico? Or most supplements people suggest that cost about a hundred bucks a month? I can't work, we can't afford things like that. It makes me sad when I hear about someone cutting out sugar or sticking to a nasty diet or something like that because I feel like our time is limited and we should enjoy what we have left. And it's not going to help them.

When I think of cures where you have to go to another country I often think of the movie about Andy Kaufmann, The Man in the Moon. He goes to the Phillipines for an alternative therapy and sees the guy pocketing some piece of chicken guts or something and then pretends its the cancer and he's removed it. Andy just starts laughing because he played so many jokes on other people and it's ironic to have the ultimate joke played on him.

I just hate how vulnerable we are. We have to make life decisions on things that are beyond our control based on the data the doctors have garnered from other people. So much of it is 'try and we'll see if it works'. So much money has been sunk into cancer research and while we're closer and closer all the time, we may never find a cure. Not to mention that there would have to be different cures for each cancer. And why do the cures have to be so nasty? Why can't we just take a pill twice a day for a while and then it's gone? Maybe someday.

Jan