I meet my Oncologist tomorrow to plan the treatment

Brendaklein
Brendaklein Member Posts: 121 Member

Feeling overwhelmed, scared and nervous. Radiation and chemo starts Monday. 

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Brendaklein

I felt the same way, but found that once I started treatment, things were better emotionally for me, as I felt like I was finally doing something to get rid of the cancer.  I hope you will feel like that too.  I wish you all the very best.  You can do this!

• Ohmy
    Ohmy Member Posts: 102 Member
    I had more anxiety before

I had more anxiety before treatment started.  Once the treatment started, I got into the routine and I told myself it would be done in six weeks.  I am over a year post treatment now.  I feel pretty good and it was definitely worth it.  You can do it.  Read the blogs.  I found lots of good tips here.

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Brendaklein...

Like others have said, I too was more anxious just waiting to get treatment started...I could not turn off all the "what ifs" and questions in my mind. Fortunately, much of that subsided once I felt I was truly doing something to tackle this monster...I will pray you find your peace through this as well.

Look ahead...a couple months from now this will be a thing of the past, and while recovery is an on-going process, you will be the one sharing words of encouragement to others who are just where you are now.

Hang on, we're with you!

katheryn

• Kim Gaia
    Kim Gaia Member Posts: 73
    Good luck Brenda! I am right

Good luck Brenda! I am right behind you, starting chemo-radiation in 2.5 weeks (on July 16th). I too am feeling overwhelmened and scared about the whole thing. I can relate totally. Am hoping that once treatment begins, things might actually get better for me in that department (mental health) since I will just be going through the paces each day at that point with no real decisions to make...

I really appreciate katheryn's words: "Look ahead...a couple months from now this will be a thing of the past, and while recovery is an on-going process, you will be the one sharing words of encouragement to others who are just where you are now." It is a vision like that that keeps me going right now.

kim