Newly diagnosed High Grade VIN 3

Options

Hi all! So I know I'm jumping the gun really soon considering my gynecologist just called me today to tell me that my punch biopsy came back which revealed high grade vin 3 and she is referring me to a gyn oncologist. Can someone please tell me what to expect at my first appointment with the oncologist? I found very little information online. My gyn told me it's not cancer, but can they tell just from the biopsy alone? She literally did no further testing except remove a lesion. I didn't even have a pap smear, she never looked at my cervix and I'm well over due. I'm nervous and so ignorant to whats going on. Why would a oncologist treat me, if it's not cancer. Sorry for all the questions I'm so scared, I've been through so much the last couple of years, losing my only children, one to SIDS and the other at birth due to a placenta abruption at 9 months, which left me with a partial hysterectomy and an extensive stay in the hospital, i barely survived that both phyically and mentally. I don't think I can emotionally handle anything more. Any feedback is appreciated. I hope to calm my jumpy nerves

Comments

• Emaleigh Rose
    Emaleigh Rose Member Posts: 2
    Options
    VIN 3

Hi there :) you've probably already had your appt so I'm curious how it went. I also have VIN 3. It's on my clitoris and down the sides near it. I'm supposed to have laser ablation done but I haven't heard anything from the cancer centre in a long time so I'm thinking I got lost in the paperwork.

I did have an appt with a gyno/onc and it was so quick. She talked to me for a few minutes, did a fast exam and i was out the door in less than 15 minutes.

Sorry to hear about your losses. Going through this is really tough when other things in life are weighing heavy on you. Right now I'm freaking out because I don't know what to expect from the laser and I don't have a support system to help me through it. I hope you're doing alright.