Going through all the pre testing.

Options
Brendaklein
Brendaklein Member Posts: 121 Member

This week is full of Doctors apptsl CT tomorrow, Friday PET scan. Then back to Oncologist.

I received my chemo pills in the mail. I take them with the radiation. UGH. Reading all the side effects, well scares the crap out of me.

Any advice?

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited June 2018 #2
    Options
    Breandaklein

I'm glad things are moving forward towards the beginning of treatment for you.  I felt much better once treatment began and I knew I was doing something to go after the cancer.  I hope you'll feel the same way.  If you have questions about how to deal with side effects, this is a good place to ask.  You'll get lots of good suggestions from those who have already been there.  I wish you all the very best.  You can do this!

• Nana442
    Nana442 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Hang in there and trust your

Hang in there and trust your team of doctors, ask questions, eat good and rest!  Prayers & God Bless.

• Msmoxie
    Msmoxie Member Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    chemo pill side effects

Brendaklein, Hello   I'm with you on the side effects.  Pretty much everything I read (as everyone has different side effects and at different timing during treatment) is:  IF YOU START SEEING A SIDE EFFECT:  CALL YOUR ONCOLOGIST OR NURSES THAT ARE ON YOUR TEAM RIGHT AWAY.  They are aware of the side effects (or certainly should be).. but YOU have to speak up so that they address it right away.  Reading other peoples pages here it sounds like a great idea to go ahead and get them to give you the prescriptions for the likely to occur nausea and vomiting (you might not get it but if you do you won't have to wait for the Rx).  I currently have two friends on the chemo pills and they both report feeling puny and nothing tastes good.  

Sending you Positive energies 

Moxie