Irinotecan andFUDR in the HAI pump

Pat to
Pat to Member Posts: 6 Member

I was wondering if anyone is receivingIrinotecan as systemic and FUDR in HAI liver pump and their experience with it. Are they effective in long term survival for stage 4 colon cancer with mets to the liver?

Comments

• Butt
    Butt Member Posts: 352 Member
    Just got back from MD

Just got back from MD Anderson branch last night. I have a pump, FUDR and yes ironetecan was suggested.

• Pat to
    Butt said:

Just got back from MD

Just got back from MD Anderson branch last night. I have a pump, FUDR and yes ironetecan was suggested.

I was wondering if they

I was wondering if they explained to you about the combination of FUDR sin the pump and sytstemic Irintecan and the survival rate on them?

• Butt
    They won t know because it is

They won t know because it is individual. i suspect some people will cite here a Sloan study on FUDR and this med. look into google what Dr. Kemeny sp. ? says about it....

• Pat to
    Butt said:

They won t know because it is

They won t know because it is individual. i suspect some people will cite here a Sloan study on FUDR and this med. look into google what Dr. Kemeny sp. ? says about it....

Thank you for your reply.

• Pat to
    Pat to said:

I was wondering if there is

I was wondering if there is anyone on this protocol of getting Irinotecan systemically and FUDR through the HAI liver pump. Any experience is appreciated. My husband has colon cancer stage 4 died back in Jan. 2018, with Mets to the liver and we go to MSKCC in N.Y.C for treatment . He had The colon tumor removed and since he had his entire liver full of tumors it was inoperable , so they put the HAI liverpump in at the same time as colon surgery  in order for the liver tumors to shrink hopefully and become operable later on. Please share your experiences.

• Pat to
    Pat to said:

I was wondering if there is

I was wondering if there is anyone on this protocol of getting Irinotecan systemically and FUDR through the HAI liver pump. Any experience is appreciated. My husband has colon cancer stage 4 died back in Jan. 2018, with Mets to the liver and we go to MSKCC in N.Y.C for treatment . He had The colon tumor removed and since he had his entire liver full of tumors it was inoperable , so they put the HAI liverpump in at the same time as colon surgery  in order for the liver tumors to shrink hopefully and become operable later on. Please share your experiences.

I meant diagnosed back  in

I meant diagnosed back  in Jan. 2018. Not died . misspelled.

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    My husband

had his liver resected almost 6 weeks ago and had the hai pump put in. He starts the chemo in the pump in 2 weeks. No systemic  he finished 12 rounds of it right before he had surgery, also he can’t take Irinotecan anyway. Right now he is considered cancer free and the pump is just to be sure it gets anything leftover.

• Butt
    next.....

I got resected 5 weeks ago plus pump. Chemo is already in a pump. They plan a systemic one very soon. They believe there may be cells   Left on a microscopic level. Butt.

• Pat to
    Hi everyone. I was wondering

Hi everyone. I was wondering if anybody else is also on this protocol of receiving Irinotecan chemo systemically and FUDR via the HAI liver pump for stage 4 colon cancer and your experiences and thoughts on it. I greatly appreciate it.

• Butt
    edited June 2018 #11
    I am currently doing it

I am currently doing it exactly just started.

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    My husband starts the

FUDR in the pump In two days (Wednesday) no systemic he can’t take irinotecan.