All good so far

Options
Jtoon
Jtoon Member Posts: 5

First pet scan after 4 months post treatment and all looked good Visit to ent scoped me and saw no signs of it.Just one question.How long before the soreness in my body goes away I feel like ive been in a bar fight when I was 18 .is there anything to speed the heal? I’m back at work and my job is physical but I can’t hold out all day.Have to grab one of the young ones to go on the low crawlers with me. How long does the soreness last?

Comments

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    edited May 2018 #2
    Options
    Great news on the scan.

Great news on the scan. Everyone is different n the recovery. My husband was feeling really good by 4 months out, but he has a desk job. If he did physical work, things might have been different. Hope you feel better soon!

• patricke
    patricke Member Posts: 570
    Options
    DEPENDS

Hey Jtoon,

Congratulations, the all clear NED results are great news!  As swopoe says, everyone is different, so it depends on each individual's constitution.   Since you do have a physically demanding job, I'll say the obvious, and encourage you to make sure that you are getting plenty of sleep for muscle recovery every night.  Overall, recovery in general is a marathon, not a sprint, so pacing and patience are the operative watchwords.  Hang in there, as they say, you will feel better as time goes on.  One more thing, you may want to chat with your doc about an eyes to thighs PET/CT combined scan, and see whether or not they might be in your future, since that is considered to be the gold standard for getting the clearest picture of what's happening, or better, not happening inside.   I wish you the best.  Keep It Mov'in Forward!

Patrick

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Most important

Getting the clear report is wonderful. With respect to side effects, it all depends. The degree of the discomfort, the length of time, the amount of recovery. But in general, about the one year out milestone, one can generally get the sense of what the "new normal" looks and feels like. Hang in there, wind on your back things get better for sure, just takes time.