Folate level & B12

Options
Nana442
Nana442 Member Posts: 30

Anyone have a high folate level?  B12 was in normal range,  I'm 6 week post treatments.

Comments

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    Nana442...

Hi...I was just the opposite. When first diagnosed my folate level was very low and I had severe anemia as a result...it stayed low for a couple months post treatment and then gradually bounced back up. Folate (folic acid) is part of the Vitamin B family so it makes sense that yours may be high if you are starting to eat healthy again. I've never heard of someones folate being too high and causing a problem (though I'm no doctor) but rather its a sign of healing and that your immune system is on the rebound in the right direction!

katheryn

• Nana442
    Nana442 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    eihtak said:

Nana442...

Hi...I was just the opposite. When first diagnosed my folate level was very low and I had severe anemia as a result...it stayed low for a couple months post treatment and then gradually bounced back up. Folate (folic acid) is part of the Vitamin B family so it makes sense that yours may be high if you are starting to eat healthy again. I've never heard of someones folate being too high and causing a problem (though I'm no doctor) but rather its a sign of healing and that your immune system is on the rebound in the right direction!

katheryn

Thank you, I needed to hear

Thank you, I needed to hear that!  

• Wisteria83
    Wisteria83 Member Posts: 160
    Options
    Folate

I'm still taking prescription Folate after one year post treatment.  I don't know if it helps or not, but I'll keep taking it because it can't hurt.