Got my results yesterday...

Options
Jbrooks
Jbrooks Member Posts: 43

I don't know how to start this so I guess I will just jump in... My lung find needle biopsy came back and it showed cancer has spread to my lungs.  My ENT also thought i may have a recurrence in my jaw also and am going for an MRI soon.  I just wanted to keep you all posted and thank you for all your encouragement. It has meant so much to me!   Needless to say I am numb. It doesn't look good. I would appreciate your prayers.  Thanks.

Comments

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    Options
    You have my prayers and love.

• Tonita
    Tonita Member Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    swopoe said:

Mine as well.  Day by day.

Mine as well.  Day by day.

• DanceSkater
    DanceSkater Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Thoughts and ......

Many thoughts and prayers are with you.

• SuzJ
    SuzJ Member Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    where..

are you located?

Just ask, if I'm close enough, I am there for you.

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    I will hope for the best outcome.

Jbrooks,

No cancer looks good, especially to the one who has it.  The doctor did not say such a thing to you?  I have seen many members do very well with their second treatment. I hope you do to.  I know that none of us want to go through this, but there truly are better choices for treatment than just a few years ago.

As one possible starting point, you may want to Private Message Laralyn, she has fought a reoccurrence in her lungs and she has learned a tremendous amount about what to do next.

I will keep you in my thoughts and ask for some help for you whenever I think of you.

Matt

• Jbrooks
    Options
    Thank you everyone!  I hope

Thank you everyone!  I hope you all are enjoying your nice holiday weekend.  Hope to go fishing today or tomorrow so wish me luck!   

• Jbrooks
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

I will hope for the best outcome.

Jbrooks,

No cancer looks good, especially to the one who has it.  The doctor did not say such a thing to you?  I have seen many members do very well with their second treatment. I hope you do to.  I know that none of us want to go through this, but there truly are better choices for treatment than just a few years ago.

As one possible starting point, you may want to Private Message Laralyn, she has fought a reoccurrence in her lungs and she has learned a tremendous amount about what to do next.

I will keep you in my thoughts and ask for some help for you whenever I think of you.

Matt

Matt...I don't think they are

Matt...I don't think they are thinking second treatment. ENT talked about radiation to the chest and possibly chemo.  An going to see an oncologist and have a MRI done of my mouth and neck to see if there is also a recurrsnce. I will message Laralyn.  Thanks for the suggestion.

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    new therapies

So sorry to hear about the spread but explore the emerging immunological therapies. They are very promising, takes some time to find one and get qualified. Laralyn is doing really well and has a lot of experience.