TIP Testosterone inactivating pharmaceuticals Treatment Option

2»

Comments

• SantaZia
    SantaZia Member Posts: 68 Member

Good choice of treatment

I am glad for knowing your final decision and treatment. I believe and hope all goes into your favor. Please let us know your experiences as treatment advances. The title of this thread would not serve well to those oncologists that support ADT over any other PCa treatment. In my lay opinion I think that ADT does not substitute a radical so that I wonder why giving up with AS in preference of a palliative approach. After all, ADT also got its side effects that can turn things nasty similarly to those from radicals. They are just different so that the choice is wider and we can avoid what we most dislike.

Here is a link with the details on ADT's side effects as they occur by experience;

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/589251_1  

The Invasion of the Prostate Snatchers is a good book for the references of Dr. Mark Schultz and for the steps followed by Ralph in procuring a salvage treatment but the story would be quite different if it has been written today. The image studies have improved significantly (opposed to the ones done by Ralph) and the data on ADT drugs and therapies have now newer players in the game, leading to modified cocktails.

In my opinion, the contents in the book discourage surgeries giving preferences to ADT or RT. I think it being biased which creates suspicious on the authors' interest in publishing such a book. I enjoyed reading (7 years ago) their view in regards to active surveillance for initial monitoring rather than choosing a radical but they only recommend AS in reference to surgery creating ambiguity among experienced readers that have some knowledge on PCa matters.
    Mark Schultz is one of the greatest ADT's oncologists administering the therapy as prime. He pairs Dr. Myers (my hero) in terms of monitoring patients in ADT but it seems that he does not explore the means to detect or locate the cancer as Myers does. Surely, without due targets a radical has higher probabilities for failure so that rather than waiting for that to happen one could as well involve ADT from the beginning.
    Probably our vast exchanged opinions recently posted in this forum complete better the references described in the book.

Best wishes for a successful outcome in the combo.

VGama

ADT

VGama thank you.  I have found that your comments and others have been extremely helpful. This is a great forum for discussion.  I appreciate the input.  My second month on Lupron not too bad. I will keep updating along the journey.