Joining the club no one wants to belong to.

2»

Comments

• RobLee
    RobLee Member Posts: 269 Member

Agreed

MK,

Yes, I wish your experience had been different also.  Because you had written a sizable post above, describing how following RP "life sucks" and that "nothng is going in the right direction," you seemed like the idea reference point for worst-case outcomes.  Yet, even in your case, the cancer was apparantly cured, and you state that you now have close to perfect urinary control.

Since your ED outcome is so dissimiliar to most here, it warranted comment to this newcomer seeking a balanced response.  What the wife did not seek, no doubt, is a tribal rehash of the old RP feud, which, when it occures, renders this site ridiculous.

max

Worst case scenario

I typically resist the temptation to respond to threads from the newly diagnosed as I don't want to discourage anyone, but I would nominate myself as a worst case outcome of RP.  The difference is that I have come to accept the outcome, and in fact I am ecstatic that at this point there appears to be no evidence of disease...  Click on my username to see some of what I've been thru as far as treatments goes.  Others here have certainly been left with a more dire outcome (i.e., stage 4 mets or biological chemical recurrence), but mine was caught just in the nick of time and any further delay early on would have most likely tipped the scales in the other direction.  My recommendation to anyone would be to act early, however those who have been granted the luxury of time to do research should by all means do so.