Update 2018

MMDowns
MMDowns Member Posts: 318

Hello all,

Its been quite a year. My husband finished treatments over a year ago. It’s crazy to type that let alone think that.  While he was going through treatments the future seemed so unsure. And now here we are a year later . His scans have all been amazing. The dr. Is pleased with what he sees when my husband goes in every 3 months. We are so lucky. We were also blessed to have a recovery that was very smooth.  As I sit here typing this he’s outside doing yardwork, so energy levels are all back to normal.  what a miracle!

To all of those who are going through treatments, starting treatments, or have just finished; don’t give up  I watched my husband go through seven grueling weeks of treatments and it was awful  But in the end it was so worth it  He is here with me and we can now look to the future. so can you you!! 

chin up! 

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    update 2018, congratulations!

MMWDowns,

At or last conversation we were trying to get mega calories into your husband for maximum recovery potential. I guess you were each successful in your own way.

I am not quite up to speed on your miracle, is it your husband or the yard work?

It does get better.

Matt

• kmadlom
    kmadlom Member Posts: 20
    Congrats and Thanks

Thanks so much for posting this. My wife is in the last week of treatment, 6 more rads and one more chemo. The side effects have been horrible and at one point she considered quitting treatment. But, she has pushed through. We know this next week will be horrible and the one after treatment maybe even worse. But, we see a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for the positive post. We're looking forward to the future.

• bebo12249
    bebo12249 Member Posts: 181 Member
    Thanks for your comments.

Thanks for your comments. Bill