Ewing’s Sarcoma Survivor anxiety and depression

Options

Has anyone else had to deal with this. I recently found out I have anxiety... some days i feel depressed also. I’m not sure if this is something normal having fought for my life. anyone have this happen??? 

Comments

• cmb
    cmb Member Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Depression

Feeling depressed about cancer, either while you're in treatment or afterwards, is pretty common, regardless of the type of cancer you have. If talking with family and friends hasn't helped, you may want to explore other options.

My hospital network, for example, has a "cancer survivorship center" that offers support groups and one-on-one counseling for people who are undergoing cancer treatment or who have completed treatment in the past. At my center these services are free to the cancer patient or survivor.

If your treatment center doesn't offer the same types of services, talk with your doctor to see if he/she can recommend something similar in your area. Your doctor may also suggest that you meet with a therapist or other professional who can prescribe anti-depression medication to get you through this period.

As a cancer survivor myself, I know that a cancer diagnosis is life-changing.  But as a survivor, you deserve to enjoy the time you've gained through your successful treatment. Please seek out the help you may need to achieve this.