My husband is having his stent

Ruthmomto4
Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member

Removed tomorrow, in preparation for his big surgery Tuesday. It’s been in way too long but they didn’t want to touch it while he was on Avastin. They think it might have caused his infection by harboring bacteria, plus the tumor has shrunk enough to not need it.  Also they are ablatiing what’s left of it on Tuesday. I am nervous though, afraid he will get jaundice again even though I know in my mind he won’t. I find as the surgery gets closer I am getting a bit scared. I am sure he will be fine but the last resection was a tough recovery and doing it again is not going to be pleasant.  

Comments

• airborne72
    airborne72 Member Posts: 296 Member
    edited April 2018 #2
    Thoughts...

Ruth:

I am thinking about you and your husband.  As Robin Williiams said in 1990's version of Peter Pan (not the original movie that I grew up watching), think nothing but happy thoughts.  I am thinking nothing but happy thoughts about you and your husband.

One event at a time.  You guys can do this.

Jim

• Ruthmomto4
    Thank you Jim!!!

i really appreciate you and your support!!! I woke up this morning with a swollen knee and can barely walk, sitting with ice. I don’t have time for this! It’s distracting me from being worried  at least lol 

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member

Thank you Jim!!!

i really appreciate you and your support!!! I woke up this morning with a swollen knee and can barely walk, sitting with ice. I don’t have time for this! It’s distracting me from being worried  at least lol 

Its probably caused by all of your stress

Your body telling you 'Take care of yourself'.  You have allot on your plate, young lady. Don't forget you in all of it. 

Will be sending all the positive vibes I can on both days; for hubby and for you. 

Tru

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Hello

Hello Ruth,

I see that you and your husband have had a long battle. Having you along his side during this battle is a huge blessing. If he is like me, sometimes I would take my frustration out on my wife and even push her away. However, I was always in awe at her commitment and dedication to fight with me every step of the way.

Keep the faith and push onward!

Praying that much success lies ahead for you and your husband. And that tomorrow leads to sunny and happy and Love.

Phil

• Lily Flower
    Lily Flower Member Posts: 260 Member
    edited April 2018 #6
    Ruth, you know I keep you

Ruth, you know I keep you guys close to my heart! 

• Ruthmomto4
    Thank you so much everyone!

it went perfect and tumor shrunk enough that he was fine not putting in another one. 4 more days to the big surgery, I will be happy when I know the cancer we know of is out of him. 

My knee felt good this morning but it’s very sore now so I am putting it up with some ice while I can.

• BRHMichigan
    BRHMichigan Member Posts: 368

Thank you so much everyone!

it went perfect and tumor shrunk enough that he was fine not putting in another one. 4 more days to the big surgery, I will be happy when I know the cancer we know of is out of him. 

My knee felt good this morning but it’s very sore now so I am putting it up with some ice while I can.

Inspired

Thanks for sharing the good news, and I hope your knee heals! Surgery sucks initially, but you can reflect back and remember good previous outcomes. This will be another. All of our positive thoughts and prayers will help too. Much love, -Beth

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited April 2018 #9
    Prayers

You and hubby have been in my prayers for some time now and even tonight while praying was thinking of your husband's surgery on Tuesday and asking God to give him a great outcome.  It's got to be scary right now but you have a lot of support behind you and it sounds like a lot of great doctors.  I'm feeling good that he is going to have positive and great results from the surgery.   Just let us know how he is doing when you get a chance.

Hugs to you both!  Kim

• Ruthmomto4
    I wish there was a like button!!!

i can’t like these posts enough! of course right after I said it went well he got a fever and the chills. I called they said the fever wasn’t high enough. 99.8 also I knew it would be like taking a toddler in tantrum back if I made him go to the ER. So when he had that reaction to Irinotecan in October they gave him a script for Cipro, he never took it because he ended up being admitted. So I compromised with him and he took that and will be taking it until he goes in Tuesday. He woke up this morning feeling great so I know I did the right thing.  Today has been a really great day, enjoying the last weekend before he goes in. I will let everyone know once the surgeon calls me how he is. you Are all the best, I am very grateful for all of you!

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    edited April 2018 #11

I wish there was a like button!!!

i can’t like these posts enough! of course right after I said it went well he got a fever and the chills. I called they said the fever wasn’t high enough. 99.8 also I knew it would be like taking a toddler in tantrum back if I made him go to the ER. So when he had that reaction to Irinotecan in October they gave him a script for Cipro, he never took it because he ended up being admitted. So I compromised with him and he took that and will be taking it until he goes in Tuesday. He woke up this morning feeling great so I know I did the right thing.  Today has been a really great day, enjoying the last weekend before he goes in. I will let everyone know once the surgeon calls me how he is. you Are all the best, I am very grateful for all of you!

Good

I'm glad he's feeling better.  You sure don't want him sick before surgery.  Thanks for letting us know how he is doing.

Kim