Stage 3a ovarian , cervical and uterus cancer

Lisa1984
Lisa1984 Member Posts: 3

Hello ,

Im 33 from australia perth and have recently had a full hysterectomy and 20cm.

tumor removed. I have been diagnosed with stage 3a endo cancer and start my first cycle out of 7 of chemo on the 17th of April 2018 scared would be a understatement !! I am looking for friends and any good advice i could take with me on my journey!. I am having carboplatin and pillaxtel as my chemo drugs and then 5 weeks of radiation once my 7 cycles are finished. I have been told my hair will fall out ;/ but I hope it dosent but also think id rather hairloss then dying. Would love to hear from anyone ;)

Comments

• LorettaMarshall
    LorettaMarshall Member Posts: 662 Member
    Lisa~Welcome~U R N A good place 2 find help for your DX :)

Dearest Lisa,

For the benefit of others that need to know all about Ovarian cancer, I've taken the liberty of posting a separate topic forum, but it is with you in mind.  So here is that link.

https://csn.cancer.org/node/315885

Love Loretta

(Peritoneal Carcinomatosis/Ovarian Cancer, Stage IV) DX November of 2012

Naturally, we all hope that the treatments you've outlined will be successful.  Many of us have been where you are "going" and will be able to help you along the way.  We will also be praying for you.    

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Diagnosis

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry you are going through this.  You are so young for this kind of diagnosis, but that should work in your favor.  Being young and strong will help you through this.  

My advice would be to support your body and get as healthy as possible.  I was able to follow the guidance of a naturopath.  Some sort of holistic practitioner, with oncology experience is such a valuable asset during and after treatment.  Cancer is a result of lack of proper nutrients and toxic exposures.  So, cleaning up your diet and removing toxins from your life will help you through this and help you recover from treatment.  If you can find a nutritional therapist, they can help ou on this path. 

I don't know when you are scheduled for your first treatment, but if you can get your hands on cold caps, before you recieve any chemo, and use them during you infustions. you can keep your hair.  I believe they are available on Amazon, if you can order from them over in Australia.  

I hope you easily get through treatment and can move on from this.  Good luck.  

• Lisa1984
    Tethys41 said:

Diagnosis

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry you are going through this.  You are so young for this kind of diagnosis, but that should work in your favor.  Being young and strong will help you through this.  

My advice would be to support your body and get as healthy as possible.  I was able to follow the guidance of a naturopath.  Some sort of holistic practitioner, with oncology experience is such a valuable asset during and after treatment.  Cancer is a result of lack of proper nutrients and toxic exposures.  So, cleaning up your diet and removing toxins from your life will help you through this and help you recover from treatment.  If you can find a nutritional therapist, they can help ou on this path. 

I don't know when you are scheduled for your first treatment, but if you can get your hands on cold caps, before you recieve any chemo, and use them during you infustions. you can keep your hair.  I believe they are available on Amazon, if you can order from them over in Australia.  

I hope you easily get through treatment and can move on from this.  Good luck.  

Thank you

Hello thanks for your reply alot of people say im young for this to of happened.

I start treatment in 2 days ahhh the 17th of April im so scared ;(. I agree with changing my diet and will look into cold caps. Thank you again xx

• Lisa1984

Lisa~Welcome~U R N A good place 2 find help for your DX :)

Dearest Lisa,

For the benefit of others that need to know all about Ovarian cancer, I've taken the liberty of posting a separate topic forum, but it is with you in mind.  So here is that link.

https://csn.cancer.org/node/315885

Love Loretta

(Peritoneal Carcinomatosis/Ovarian Cancer, Stage IV) DX November of 2012

Naturally, we all hope that the treatments you've outlined will be successful.  Many of us have been where you are "going" and will be able to help you along the way.  We will also be praying for you.    

Thank you

Thank you for your support and all the information I will be reading all of it xxx I hope you get better soon to.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    Lisa, I hope you don't mind I

Lisa, I hope you don't mind I am a visitor from the Uterine board.  Everything you are going through is overwhelming, and it is completely normal to be scared.  I promise you, you are going to amaze yourself.  Take care of yourself and please come back to let us know how you are doing or if you have questions.

• WarriorS1
    WarriorS1 Member Posts: 49 Member
    Lisa - become a warrior

Hi Lisa,

So sorry to hear you are going through this at such a young age. I am also currently in treatment with Carboplatin 6 and Pacitaxol. 6 Cycles.  Here are some of the things I am doing in my journey through this process that I will share with you:

1. Be as positive as you can! I know it is difficult some days but it really does make a difference.

2. Eat healthy - lots of veggies, fruits and fish to help keep your body nourished. It is difficult sometimes beause of no appetite. I have found that small nibbles throughout the day work when I am not hungry.

3. Smile and try and share a smile every day. In doing so you are helping yourself be positive and you have the added benefit of making someone else smile.

4. Do not be afraid to ask your oncology team anything. A good communication with them is important.

5. Exercise seems to be beneficial for me as well. But remember to listen to your body and you are putting it through a lot and it is OK to rest.  (I am reminded of this by “NoTimeForCancer” as always thanks for the reminder”). 

I will add you to my prayer list and am sending a smile your way.

I hope your treatments work well and that you have minimal issues with the inevitable side effects of the drugs.

Sending positive thoughts your way! Take care!

• WarriorS1
    WarriorS1 Member Posts: 49 Member
    Sharing a smile

Smile

Sharing a smile

• Soup52
    Soup52 Member Posts: 908 Member
    Hi Lisa! I’m from the uterine

Hi Lisa! I’m from the uterine board also. We invite you to that board also. I frequent ovarian and other women’s cancer groups also. Many of our treatments are similar. Endometrial cancer is a type of uterine cancer. Mine is 3C clear cell endometrial. Praying for your strength during treatment. It is not easy, but it is doable. Hang in there and keep us posted.

• rosasara
    rosasara Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2018 #10
    to Lisa about diet changes and style of life

Hi I would like to recommend a book written by a doctor about life changes in diet and much more 

" Anticancer a new way of life "

David servan Schreiber 

I wish you the best  Rosa