Values for blood tests

Tssrct
Tssrct Member Posts: 3

My father has liver metastases from an Adenocarcinoma of Unknown Primary. In the past few weeks his jaundice is worsening. The doctors have frequently taken blood samples for various tests, mostly for liver function, and his results from last week are higher than ever.

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this question, but how extreme are these values?

Bilirubin: 181 umol/L

Alkaline phosphatase: 767 U/L

Gamma-GT: 1808 U/L

ASAT: 203 U/L

ALAT: 172 U/L

LD: 602 U/L

Comments

• richnkim
    richnkim Member Posts: 31
    Bllod tests

My husband has Stage 4 Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma (bile duct cancer) with mets to the lungs he is going to Mayo Clinic in Rochester and just had his labs done so this is what his came back as-

ALK Phos-normal 45-115 his is 121

Bilirubin Direct-normal .0-.3 his is .2

AST-normal 8-48 his is 29

ALT-normal 7-55 his is 21

lD-normal 125-220 his is 258

As for the Gamma-GT test he doesn't have that one taken.

For Stage 4 cancer his blood work comes back really good,his doctors are most concerned with the Bilirubin test and he has never been jaudice,so if we go by what is suppose to be normal for these tests I would say your dad's levels are very high and that is why the jaudice is getting worse the liver isn't functioning well. Have they said what stage of cancer your dad is? Is he getting treatments? Have you gone for a second opinion? What has the doctors said about these blood test have they explained what happens when levels get this high and what is going on to you or your dad?

I know it seems like alot of info but if you don't understand the test results your dad's doctor should be explaining them to you so you can plan your next treatments if there are any.

I wish you and your dad the best of luck-trying to beat cancer is a full time job that nobody wants.