Alternative cancer therapy

Hello. I'm from the Netherlands and my father has been diagnosed with liver metastases from an Adenocarcinoma of Unknown Primary. Due to his condition he's unable to receive any conventional cancer therapy. The doctors think his liver is too weak to withstand chemo or radiation and the doctors say immunotherapy won't work either based on tests for MSI (micro-satalite instability). So now he's basicly been sent home with some medication to wait for his dying day.

We as a familiy refuse to give him up and so does he. He still feels ok, and he really wants to start with any treatment that improves his chances. So far, we've arranged pharmaceutical grade THC/CBD oil for him, for which there are some promising pre-clinical data. In addition we are giving him burkroot pills to boost his immune system and he started undergoing local thermotherapy last weekend. We're also considering intravenous supplementation of vitamin C. Unfortunately, these methods are all unvalidated with mostly only pre-clinical data available with sometimes conflicting results.

Can anyone advise us other alternative therapies we could look into? We're open to anything that could help him fight the cancer. 

Comments

• Harmony09
    Harmony09 Member Posts: 79
    My oncologist recommends a

My oncologist recommends a book called Life Over Cancer by Keith L Block, MD

I also have a high school friend with metastatic breast cancer who has cured hers with the help of a Naturopath....a doctor. I'm not sure how that works for you in the Netherlands. I am in The United States, and here they are recognized as either geniuses or quacks depending upon who you ask. I have SEEN what the results are and have my own initial appointment with him next week.

Best wishes for your family !!

• LiliTM
    LiliTM Member Posts: 32
    Harmony09 said:

My oncologist recommends a

My oncologist recommends a book called Life Over Cancer by Keith L Block, MD

I also have a high school friend with metastatic breast cancer who has cured hers with the help of a Naturopath....a doctor. I'm not sure how that works for you in the Netherlands. I am in The United States, and here they are recognized as either geniuses or quacks depending upon who you ask. I have SEEN what the results are and have my own initial appointment with him next week.

Best wishes for your family !!

Thank you both for sharing -

Thank you both for sharing - I am so sorry for what you are all going through too. 
    Harmony09, would you mind messaging me the info for the recommended naturopath doctor?
    Anything in Dr. Block's book you found helpful?
    Thanks so much, Lili

• LiliTM
    LiliTM Member Posts: 32
    Dear Tssrct, one book I read

Dear Tssrct, one book I read is called Radical Remission (a researcher sharing what people with radical remissions had in common) - maybe you will find ideas in there for your dear dad. 

• feckcancer
    feckcancer Member Posts: 189 Member
    Vit C

Hi, this is not what you were asking about but my oncologist told me NOT to take Vit C while having treatment (radiation chemo) as some studies are showing that Vit C might make the tumour 'heal' to quickly while they are trying to kill it. fine to take afterwards but better to be safe than sorry.