Endometrial cancer

Options
sixeyes
sixeyes Member Posts: 1

In 2016 I was diagnosed with endometrial cancer. When I first started treatment of chemo and radiation, my CA125 number was "only" 10.8 and it was Stage 1A, I was told it was barely perceivable on the PET scan. They started treatment of chemo and radiation and after three months of being off of radiation, i went back for CA125 bloodwork this January, and it was 5.6, and nothing showed up on the PET scan again. I am on a three month bloodwork schedule, so I just had another at the end of March, and it is now 7.5 (I think). I know the "normal" levels are under 30, and understand someone would not want to wait too long to start treatment, but my doctor told me if my bloodwork comes back two times in a row going up..that we will have to talk (or do) something about starting treatment once again. I am in no hurry to walk down that path again, so I was wondering if there is any "natural" way that I can work at lowering this number.

Thank you for your help.

Comments

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    edited April 2018 #2
    Options
    Natural ways

Hi Sixeyes,

Sorry about your diagnosis.  1A is very good.  You caught it early.  Congratulations.

To understand how to address your CA-125 naturally, first you must understand why we get cancer in the first place.  It is basically caused by lack of essential nutrients and toxins.  We live in a toxic world and many foods in today's society are not nutritious.  Our bodies require certain nutrients to be healthy and to function properly.  Once depleted of proper nutrients and being exposed to toxins, our cells become damaged and stressed.  They can no longer produce energy using oxygen and resort to fermentation of sugar, struggling to survive.  A number of other variables play into this, but the result is that normal cells turn into cancer cells because they are so damaged and depleted.  It is the presence of these cancer cells that elevates your CA-125.  So, the natural way to keep that number down is to prevent your normal cells from becoming stressed and depleted and keep them from turning into cancer cells. 

I was diagnosed with stage III ovarian cancer in 2009 and did not realize how sick I really was until after I finished treatment and did not bounce back.  I had consulted with a naturopath during and after treatment and we worked hard at getting my body back in balance.  We looked at hormones, and nutrients, and stress and genetics, and over the years we got my body back on track.  I am much healthier now than I was for years before my diagnosis and I have stayed in remission since completing chemo in 2010. 

Universally, the advice is to reduce your toxic exposures by switching out products you use on your body and in your home to more natural ones, and adopting a whole food diet (no processed foods) consisting of a lot of organic vegetables, organically raised meats, and very few carbohydrates - no grains, beans, potatoes, etc and no breads.  This is a very basic description, but the diet is classifed as Paleo and there are many resources and books on the subject.

Enlisting the help of a naturopath or functional medicine doctor would be the most effective way to help your body get healthy, so that you don't have to deal with cancer again.  Alternatively, there are oncology nutritional thereapist, who can help you get your body healthy and cancer resistant.  These are not the nutritionists who work out of oncologists offices, but instead are called nutritional therapists.  The ovarian board is not very active and I am the only one here, who talks about a holistic approach to cancer.  The uterine board is much more active and there are more members over there, who take a holistic approach to their disease.  If you'd like more input, you may also want to post your question over there. 

Good luck.  Stay well.

• WarriorS1
    WarriorS1 Member Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Tethys41 said:

Natural ways

Hi Sixeyes,

Sorry about your diagnosis.  1A is very good.  You caught it early.  Congratulations.

To understand how to address your CA-125 naturally, first you must understand why we get cancer in the first place.  It is basically caused by lack of essential nutrients and toxins.  We live in a toxic world and many foods in today's society are not nutritious.  Our bodies require certain nutrients to be healthy and to function properly.  Once depleted of proper nutrients and being exposed to toxins, our cells become damaged and stressed.  They can no longer produce energy using oxygen and resort to fermentation of sugar, struggling to survive.  A number of other variables play into this, but the result is that normal cells turn into cancer cells because they are so damaged and depleted.  It is the presence of these cancer cells that elevates your CA-125.  So, the natural way to keep that number down is to prevent your normal cells from becoming stressed and depleted and keep them from turning into cancer cells. 

I was diagnosed with stage III ovarian cancer in 2009 and did not realize how sick I really was until after I finished treatment and did not bounce back.  I had consulted with a naturopath during and after treatment and we worked hard at getting my body back in balance.  We looked at hormones, and nutrients, and stress and genetics, and over the years we got my body back on track.  I am much healthier now than I was for years before my diagnosis and I have stayed in remission since completing chemo in 2010. 

Universally, the advice is to reduce your toxic exposures by switching out products you use on your body and in your home to more natural ones, and adopting a whole food diet (no processed foods) consisting of a lot of organic vegetables, organically raised meats, and very few carbohydrates - no grains, beans, potatoes, etc and no breads.  This is a very basic description, but the diet is classifed as Paleo and there are many resources and books on the subject.

Enlisting the help of a naturopath or functional medicine doctor would be the most effective way to help your body get healthy, so that you don't have to deal with cancer again.  Alternatively, there are oncology nutritional thereapist, who can help you get your body healthy and cancer resistant.  These are not the nutritionists who work out of oncologists offices, but instead are called nutritional therapists.  The ovarian board is not very active and I am the only one here, who talks about a holistic approach to cancer.  The uterine board is much more active and there are more members over there, who take a holistic approach to their disease.  If you'd like more input, you may also want to post your question over there. 

Good luck.  Stay well.

Natural approach

Tethys41,

I am totally on board with your post. Thanks for talking about the natural approach. I too, am working with a holistic team in conjunction with an oncology team and believe that is the reason I am feeling as good as I am.  I am fortunate that my oncology team is onboard with working with my holistic team and believe that treating the mind, body and spirit are important factors to treating cancer.

Changing over to clean eating and cutting back on carbohydrates and removing sugars, was not too terribly difficult because I love to cook. Love the farmers markets (we have a few in the winter) and a couple of good natural organic markets has made finding good veggies, fruits and meats easy to obtain.  One of farmer‘s that does the winter market has a hydroponic farm and his purple and white carrots are so delicious sweet, crunchy and colorful too. He also has the best sweet potatoes I have ever tasted. Trying new and different things is part of the fun! Laughing

I will pop over to the Uterine board.  

Thanks again for your posts! You keep me inspired!  Keep smiling!