Options
2»

Comments

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    JanJan63 said:

Luckily there are more

Luckily there are more options than Folfox. I had to stop after 6 because it almost killed me so I'll never be on it again. It was horrible to go through, anyway. I'd been really undecided as to whether even to do it as a follow up after my surgery because I'd had an infection and couldn't start on it within the prescribed amount of time after surgery which greatly lessens the chance of it working. So I did it and almost died from it but now that I have mets, if I hadn't tried it, I'd be kicking myself for not doing it and blaming myself for being the reason it spread.  

Mikenh, the best explanation I've had is to compare it to dendelions in your lawn. You use different treatments to try to get rid of all of them and your yard looks perfect for a while and you think you won the battle and then suddenly another one pops up. 

Jan

Round 6 of oxalplatin landed

Round 6 of oxalplatin landed me in the emergency dept for 9 hours. I got switched to irinitecan. 

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
    edited April 2018 #23
    Options
    irenotecan  me in the cancer

irenotecan put me in the cancer hospital for 3 weeks.....almost died. 

• abita
    Options

irenotecan  me in the cancer

irenotecan put me in the cancer hospital for 3 weeks.....almost died. 

How? I just started it

How? I just started it becuase I had a reaction to oxalplatin on the 6th try. What did it do to you?

• Canadian Sandy
    Options
    I got severe diahrea from it.

I got severe diahrea from it. This doesn’t happen to everyone and you will probably be fine. It’s one of the side effects. 

• abita
    Options

I got severe diahrea from it.

I got severe diahrea from it. This doesn’t happen to everyone and you will probably be fine. It’s one of the side effects. 

They have me a medicine

They have me a medicine before to keep that from happening. It worked

• Canadian Sandy
    edited April 2018 #27
    Options
    That’s good. You should be

That’s good. You should be okay then.

• dsantoro24
    dsantoro24 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this message board

Hi I'm new to this messahe board. i was 46 when diagnosed with stage 3 colon cancer tumor in the sigmoid colon. I had sigmoid colon removed and now getting chemo. Oxaliplatin for 3 months and I just finished 4 treatments and I'm also taking xeloda one week on and one week off. The 2 week on was too much for me And  gave me bad diarrhea. I'm hoping the 3 months of oxi will be enough. My dr feels confident in the new study.