Stage 4 anal cancer

Options
pattiannw
pattiannw Member Posts: 3

Is there anyone else out there with Stage 4 anal cancer - mine spread to liver, did 6 months of chemo, and then 5 weeks of radiation along with oral chemo. I am wondereing what happened next - are you clean or has it reoccurred

Comments

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    pattiannw...

Hi, I hope this finds you feeling well today!

My story is a bit different in that I was initially dx over 7 years ago at Stage 3b and treated with protocal chemo/rad. After 4 years of clear scans for anal cancer, 3 years ago a follow-up scan revealed anal cancer mets to my lung. For that I had surgery to remove the lobe that contained the mass as well as (3 months I think ??) but a more aggressive course than the first time, of chemo.

I have since been great...followed closely, but (fingers crossed and always praying) so far so good. I feel fabulous, have energy, am active, and enjoying life! I hope that in answer to "what happened next" enjoying life is the answer for you as well!

katheryn

• Jane s
    Jane s Member Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    take care

I was stage 3b also and am so far doing well (one year post treatment).  I have a good friend who has stage 4 colon cancer, been on maintenance chemo for about 5 years, and you wouldn't know it to look at him.  He did a lot of research into how to survive cancer and the best book he found was called "Anti Cancer" by Dr David Servan-Schreiber.  There are a lot of things you can do besides chemo to greatly enhance your chances and extend your life.  You might find it helpful, (if you haven't already read it,) I wish you all the best!

• Ohmy
    Ohmy Member Posts: 102 Member
    edited April 2018 #4
    Options
    I checked out the anti cancer

I checked out the anti cancer diet.  It's basically the Mediterranean Diet.  My Mom lived to the age of 91 eating that way.  She was Italian.

• horsepad
    horsepad Member Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with stage 4

I was diagnosed with stage 4 in 2011.  It had spread to my lymph nodes and liver.  After standard protocol treatment, I had a liver resection.  Everything went well.  Surgery was on a Friday, went home on Sunday.  Lived alone, raising 2 small grandchildren and did just fine.  I have felt great since cancer, it has made me a better person.  I am grateful.

• Ohmy
    Ohmy Member Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you horsepad.  You are

Thank you horsepad.  You are an inspiration to all of us.  I often wonder what will I do when it returns?