Large Biopsy and still in pain

Options
Scubajoe
Scubajoe Member Posts: 39 Member

So I had my biopsy 3 months after treatment.  The surgeon actually took a huge piece 2 cm X 0.5 cm X .3 cm.  Results showed only scar tissue thank God.  I am posting to see if anyone else had a large piece cut out for their biopsy.  It's almost two weeks later and I still have a lot of pain during my bowel movements.  The odd thing if the pain feels like it's on the opposite side from where they took the biopsy.  If the biopsy was at 2 oclock the pain I am feeling feels like 10 oclock.  Does this sound normal?  I was feeling great until the biopsy.

Thanks

Joe

Comments

• Jane s
    Jane s Member Posts: 77 Member
    edited April 2018 #2
    Options
    makes sense

Hi there Joe

I've never had that much taken out, just have had some lesions removed, but I've totally noticed that the more they remove, the more pain I'm in and the longer it lasts.  It makes sense that you'd be in pain for two weeks or longer after that.  As for where the pain is, I asked my doctor where my tumor was and he said on the right but I was noticing pain on the left, so who knows where the pain receptors are?

• Ohmy
    Ohmy Member Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the reason for

Not sure about the reason for your biopsy.  I am one year post treatment. I had my third PET scan last week.  I had a sigmoidoscopy in February.  The doctor banded a couple of hemorrhoids.  He said he did not see any signs of cancer.  He said he didn't want to do a biopsy because it would take a long time for the radiated tissue to heal.  I have not had any bleeding since then.