treatment ended

maggiesco
maggiesco Member Posts: 39 Member

Treatment ended 5 weeks ago. I've been laying low and resting alot and taking care of my bum. Treatment left me so exhausted but I feel better (slowly by surely) every week. I poop about 3-4 times a day or more almost every other day and they are small bowel movements. However, in the last few days I've been having larger bowel movements. The burns are pretty much gone, there's a tiny bit left (it feels like a small part on the outside near my anus, and  a bit on the inside of my anus).  Thankfully, there is no blood in my poop and I don't feel any pressure in my bum like I did before treatment started; however I noticed black specks in my poop (is the from the radiation burns?).

Thanks for you support :)

Comments

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Maggiesco

I'm not sure what the black specks could be--I'd run that by my doctor if I were you.  Otherwise, it sounds like your recovery is right on track.  I'm glad you are beginning to feel better!

• Ohmy
    Ohmy Member Posts: 102 Member
    edited March 2018 #3
    Black specks can be something

Black specks can be something you are eating or blood from high up in your digestive tract.  Definitely tell your doctor.  Continue to get plenty of rest.  Your body repairs itself while you sleep.