Best shampoo with no hormones added?

Jazz88
Jazz88 Member Posts: 13 Member

Was just wondering if anyone knows of a good shampoo to use with no extra hormones added to them?

Comments

• CRC1
    CRC1 Member Posts: 36 Member
    edited April 2018 #2
    Check these out

Read the ingredients on these, not sure what you are looking for, but I use Pacifica Coconut and Honest Company in either orange, lavendar, or beyond moisture.  They both have their own websites, but Ulta Beauty stores and online also sells some of them, and you can pull it up to read the ingredients.  Hope this helps!

• LouisaP
    LouisaP Member Posts: 62
    I don't think any shampoo's

I don't think any shampoo's have added hormones in them. 

• CRC1
    edited April 2018 #4
    hormone disruptors

Hi Jazz...read up on articles stating that the chemicals contained in shampoos, soaps and beauty products can be hormone disruptors, among other things. This may be what you have read?  I read them too not long after my diagnosis.  I have chosen to eliminate all products possible in my life that contain these questionable chemicals.  That is why I use the products that are listed above for shampoo.  If you would like all the websites I visit to shop for the more natural products, just message me on here.  I would be glad to share them with you. 

• Apaugh
    Apaugh Member Posts: 850 Member
    Alot of beauty products do have hormones in them.

I have done alot of reading on this and yes, unfortuantly alot of beauty products do have hormones in them and many other chemicals to boot.  It is tough to find good ones that work and are natural.  Do your research, I am still doing it!  

I went make up free because of this! 

Hugs,

Annie

• zebrainparadise
    zebrainparadise Member Posts: 9
    Try Cruelty-Free and Vegan Products

I wear/use only creulty-free beauty and cleaning products and I try to go vegan when possible. I think if you can shop at stores like Whole Foods or Trader Joe's, you might be okay. If you want to shop at CVS or Walmart or online somewhere, go to the Logical Harmony website (www.logicalharmony.com). Tashina does such a thorough job of vetting cruelty-free and vegan products. She's my go-to when I'm shopping, as well as the Leaping Bunny app on my phone. The plus of the LH site is that they also point out vegan products so you can avoid a lot of the ingredients that are in other products.

• CRC1
    Here are some websites to check out

Lucky vitamin (get my toothepaste and Eco Me cleaning products there, and I think got natural hair spray there), Honest Company (personal care and cleaning products), Pacifica(skin and hair care), Purely Great deoderant, Tarte skin care, Bare Minerals make-up, shea butter soap from Duluth Trading (pretty good price), First Aid Beauty (great ingedients but pricey), Juice beauty (awesome ingredients but pricey).  I just surfed around, read ingredients most of all, then decided what I wanted to go with.  California has best regulations on the questionable chems, so I went to site and pulled up the banned chems to start with, then I wrote down any ingredient in products online that I was unsure of, then goggled them to see what it said. Can be a long process, but once u know what u want to use, the work is done and u don't have to go thru it again for everything,just check things out every now andthen online  for new products or anything additional thatis added to lists as unsafe. 

Happy Shopping! :) 

• CRC1
    another one to check out

I also use some of prodcts from Burts Bees, they have launched new more natural line of products, love the colored lip chapstick forms they have, also use one of their body lotions.  See what u think.

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    Checking safety of personal care products

The best website to check out safety of all cosmetics and other products is Environmental Working Group (EWG). They test all products for carinogens and rate according to level of safety. They also have an app that you can put on your smart phone to scan products. It is a must visit site, 

https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/#.WxtMMoopChA