To continue or not

Options
2»

Comments

• Billie67
    Billie67 Member Posts: 898
    Options
    Hows it going? Been thinking

Hows it going? Been thinking about your and Mom and you since I read your post. Anything we can help you with?

• kmadlom
    kmadlom Member Posts: 20
    Options
    Same problems here

I just read this thread and it sounded like something I posted here about two weeks ago. My wife was having every horrible side effect and we considered stopping treatment, too. As with you and your mom, it was horrible watching her suffer and I feared her quality of life would be ruined forever. I can't tell you it has gotten better, but my wife's attitude toward it has changed. She wants to beat this while she has the chance instead of going through something worse and deadlier later. Our diagnosis was very similar to your mom's and my wife is 61 but in excellent health otherwise. Before this happened, she enjoyed weekend hikes of 10 or 12 miles each day. She plans to do that again when this is over.

Her last radiation is a week from Monday and her last chemo is this Thursday. The mouth sores, fatigue, mucous...oh the horrible mucous...are still here and some days are worse than others. But, she has pushed through it. Your mom can, too. She's young and has so much life ahead.

I wish you well. Don't stop treatment. It's horrible, but it passes. The people on this site are proof that things get better. That's what we're counting on and praying for, for us and for everyone who has this fight.

Best wishes,

k