Crying times

Options
13»

Comments

• Dennis from Kansas
    Dennis from Kansas Member Posts: 46
    Options
    Feeding Tube

Feeding tube kept me from loseing weight,but I think it is important that you drink,sip as often as you can.I forgot how to swollow and I am still haveing trouble eating.I rely on high calorie boost to get enough calories.I had a tooth that was infected so they had me get all my teeth pulled,which I think was around 20.Im just a month away from 69 and trying to use dentures is not going good.I have to force myself to eat as I never get hungry and still no saliva.But Im alive and I will get better,it just takes time.

• Suez39
    Suez39 Member Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Feeding tube

I had a peg put in but it's nausea that's really taking a toll on me. It hurt real bad after peg tube put in but I am so thankful for it now. I just starting using it as I have lost alot of weight due to no appetite n metallic taste in my mouth. Everything you eat tastes like chlorox. Just an example. I have such a long way to go and only hit the tip of the iceberg with side effects. How much can a human endure? Thier is way too much suffering and torture!! I'm just not myself anymore. Not one day goes by that you gave to overcome some excruciating side effect. I can't understand why thier is'no Something that makes if at least tolerable sometimes. Thand for listening to me ramble. Just plain discouraged.

• Dean54
    Dean54 Member Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    That's understandable Suez

But taking a few gulps of the pain medicine daily helped me get thru it all even if I did sort of get hooked on it. It wasn't easy getting off of it but in hindsite, it was well worth it as I breezed thru most of the treatments.

• debbiel0
    debbiel0 Member Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Suez39 said:

Feeding tube

I had a peg put in but it's nausea that's really taking a toll on me. It hurt real bad after peg tube put in but I am so thankful for it now. I just starting using it as I have lost alot of weight due to no appetite n metallic taste in my mouth. Everything you eat tastes like chlorox. Just an example. I have such a long way to go and only hit the tip of the iceberg with side effects. How much can a human endure? Thier is way too much suffering and torture!! I'm just not myself anymore. Not one day goes by that you gave to overcome some excruciating side effect. I can't understand why thier is'no Something that makes if at least tolerable sometimes. Thand for listening to me ramble. Just plain discouraged.

Hey Suez, 

Hey Suez, 

I hope this day is starting off well for you. 

There is no need to apologize.  Sometimes you just need to put into words the frustration, bitterness or "why me" feeling, with no judgement.

D

at least you get chlorox...i had just plain dirt !

• Tallkidsmom
    Tallkidsmom Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Hang in there!

Suez, coming in from another Sue. You just have to keep putting calories down. I told everyone that food tasted the way wet cinder blocks smell. Believe it or not, a few weeks after your last radiation treatmen there will be something that tastes like it should. I went to the local Chinese buffet and discovered a fondness for spicy food I didn’t have before. Treat yourself as well as you can—there are no rules at this point in the process!

• oceangoer
    oceangoer Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Get the tube Suez

It really isn't that bad to get as others have said and it will be a lifesaver. I wish I found this message board while I was in treatments or even before they started. The people are great and for some reason it helps to hear you're not alone and others have weathered the same storm. I spent a week in the hospital right in the middle of my treatments with the flu and Pnumonia. The constant vomiting added horribly to the soares in my throat and made swallowing about impossible. Now I'm trying to relearn how to swallow and it sucks. When you start shoot for the halfway point, then the next halfway point before you know it your at the end and ready to start to heal. Good luck from the bottom

Tim