CURED!

Options
fishmanpa
fishmanpa Member Posts: 1,227 Member

I had my 5 year appointments and have been deemed "cured" by my team at Johns Hopkins. I was hoping to be totally discharged but my rad onc wants to keep an eye on me and help me manage the side effects. I still have to have a yearly CT scan and swallow study but there's something about graduating from NED to "cured" that has more meaning from a psychological standpoint.

To all those that were here during my journey... Thank you! To all who are still battling the beast.... Keep on fighting. 

Positive thoughts and prayers

"T"

Comments

• DanceSkater
    DanceSkater Member Posts: 62
    Options
    Wonderful !!!

So happy for you fishmanpa !!!   That is wonderful news !!

• aak16
    aak16 Member Posts: 24
    Options
    Congratulations

Congratulations! That's great news!

• swopoe
    swopoe Member Posts: 492
    Options
    Awesome news!

Awesome news!

• Sprint Car Dude
    Sprint Car Dude Member Posts: 181
    Options
    Awesome news.

Great to hear of the folks hitting the 5 year mark.  Cheer to you. 

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    Very Good News

“T“,

It is so nice to hear from you and the 5-year cured is a double bonus.  I quickly consented to my 6-year exam; I just want to be careful.

We are worlds away from you bringing Jack to the table, that was point blank intense.

Enjoy your life.

Matt

• Frances_S
    Frances_S Member Posts: 54
    Options
    Great News!!!

Great News!!! 

• Jimbo55
    Jimbo55 Member Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yes!

Great news T. Always good to keep passing those 'milestones'. Here's to another 5 years, and then another 5 and then another 5 etc etc! Cheers mate!!!

• armana
    armana Member Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congratulations

That is geat news. I am so happy for you

• Duggie88
    Duggie88 Member Posts: 760 Member
    edited March 2018 #10
    Options
    Congradulations "T"

When the Doc told me I was cured my betterhalf rolled her eyes and said I was only cured of cancer. I have to admit while you were battling I was afraid your musical carreer would suffer but you came back swinging. 

I am happy for the cure............enjoy the day.............I do.........every one of them

• Dean54
    Dean54 Member Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Awesome Fishman and I hope I

Awesome Fishman and I hope I make it as long as you.

• donfoo
    donfoo Member Posts: 1,771 Member
    Options
    Great news!

It's been quite a journey but I always knew this post was coming. Byt this time the "new normal" is simply now normal. So nice to see those on our bus trip doing well. don

• Chicklette
    Chicklette Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Awesome!

I love seeing these "cured" posts!  I hope I can post something like this about my husband in 4.5 years!

I had followed your posts when my husband was first diagnosed as you are a fellow musician.  :)

• Chicklette
    Chicklette Member Posts: 225
    Options
    Duggie88 said:

Congradulations "T"

When the Doc told me I was cured my betterhalf rolled her eyes and said I was only cured of cancer. I have to admit while you were battling I was afraid your musical carreer would suffer but you came back swinging. 

I am happy for the cure............enjoy the day.............I do.........every one of them

Haha

I've never met her, but I like your wife!  Hehehe :)

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    Lovely to hear

Keep on strumming buddy 

• Andy13460
    Andy13460 Member Posts: 115
    Options
    Great News

Congrtulations