Face Mask

Options
2»

Comments

• Suez39
    Suez39 Member Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Supplies

Dark dancer seems like your on top of things!! I'm going to buy carnation instant drinks. High calories and protein. Went for my fitting today for the dreaded spider man mask! Lol I wiped out cause when they put it on me I had to pull it off. Could'nt breathe! Tumor in my throat quite large. Do you have to have all your teeth out? I feel so bad for you. Did you just start your treatments? My nurse told me she had an 80 yr old go through both rads n cemo and he said he did'nt have Any side effects. Unbelievable right? One thing I will miss alot is working and driving my boss nuts! Lol

• Suez39
    Suez39 Member Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Supplies

Meant I wimped out! Spell check got me!

• JAL23
    JAL23 Member Posts: 88
    Options
    OKCnative said:

I still have my mask (they

I still have my mask (they gave it to me when treatment ended). I'm not claustrophobic so that wasn't an issue for me. Plus, the center I went to made the radiation experience very comfortable. Nice clean facility that looked like a high end hotel. The techs would greet me with a smile and call me by name. They'd ask how I was doing and if I needed them to request a nurse to meet with me after my treatment. They'd also offer free mouth rinse solutions to take home that were great. Once I was bolted down to the table they'd turn on the music of my choice and turn the lights down. Honestly, I fell asleep most treatments (lasted 15-20 minutes each). 

My only concerns where on days when the mucous was so bad I didn't know if I could lay there for 15 minutes without needing to spit or choke. They told me they could see me on video and if I raised my hand that meant they needed to stop and get the mask off me. That never happened, but it gave me comfort. They'd also let me know when we were down to say 5 minutes and two minutes.

They gave me mine too!

I left it in the trunk of my car. Every time I open it it stares back at me. Probably should throw it out at some point.

• Darkdancer333
    Darkdancer333 Member Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Suez39 said:

Supplies

Dark dancer seems like your on top of things!! I'm going to buy carnation instant drinks. High calories and protein. Went for my fitting today for the dreaded spider man mask! Lol I wiped out cause when they put it on me I had to pull it off. Could'nt breathe! Tumor in my throat quite large. Do you have to have all your teeth out? I feel so bad for you. Did you just start your treatments? My nurse told me she had an 80 yr old go through both rads n cemo and he said he did'nt have Any side effects. Unbelievable right? One thing I will miss alot is working and driving my boss nuts! Lol

today was first rad day and

today was first rad day and they had to fix the mask. Too much pressure on my adams apple and since i breath thru my mouth i made them cut a hole out.. After that the mask was fine. 

I had 5 teeth pulled and replaced on a partial 

just feel free to ask the doctors and nurses anything they are there for you

I viewed images of the mask on yahoo i am going to decorate mine when done and make an art piece out of it.. thats if its nice too me lol

if the mask isnt nice to me im going to make a litter box pooper scooper out of it 

• motorcycleguy
    motorcycleguy Member Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Dark,

How is treatment going for you?

Are you hanging in there?

mg

• Remington25
    Remington25 Member Posts: 93 Member
    edited April 2021 #27
    Options
    I'm late to this thread but I

I'm late to this thread but I liked being able to read experiences from several people so I will add mine quick.  The mask fitting freaked me out a bit.  It was much warmer than I expected and it felt like I had no control.  I didn't need a sedative but it probably would have been a good idea in hindsite.  I had them cut the eyes out and that made me feel like I had more contol for some reason.  My Rad team was awesome.  The girls that got me situated for each treatment were friendly, turned the music to the channel of my liking and cranked up the volume as I like music a tad louder.  I never felt discomfort during my treatments and didn't feel clausterphobic after the initial mask fitting AND my first treatment.  From that point on it was very routine.  I'm convinced the girls that were my Rad Techs made my experience so much better just by their wonderful attitude.  I was grateful for them being how they were.  

Hope treatment is going as well as it can for you!