Lung metastasis - any suggestions or advice?
Greetings from Norway!
I am researching options to what my oncologist has presented to me as treatment (which isn't the most promising). The only treatment I will be offered is more chemotherapy to hold the cancer back a long as possible. Not the best forecasts.
Quick background on my cancer - Colorectal cancer with recently 8 mets on lungs discovered:
- Adenocarcinoma in the recto-sigmoid area. Removed with laparoscopic surgery 2 years ago.
- T4aN2bM1 (no metastasis diagnosed at time of surgery, so originally it was M0)
- Chemo after surgery: 9 rounds of FLOX (5-fluorouracil, Oxaliplatin & Leucovorin). Similar to FOLFOX
- Cancer has spread through the blood, not lymph’s. Liver is fine.
- 2 years after surgery I have been diagnosed with 8 growing moduli on the lungs, 4 in upper left lobe, 3 in lower left lobe and 1 in the upper right lobe. 7 of 8 are very small tumors, only a couple of millimeters. 1 larger nodule, about 7 mm.
- No surgery or radiation(SBRT) to remove the tumors is possible according to the radiation and surgical specialists in Norway (too many suspected metastases and too distributed across the lungs).
I know there are a number of treatment options out there, such as proton therapy, cyberknife, nanoknife, regional chemo etc. These are not available in Norway currently and I am hoping any of these could help or improve my condition.
After researching this a bit online, I have found 2 possible solutions:
- A new round of chemo to suppress and possibly remove some of the small tumors/nodules in the lungs and Cyberknife treatment to the rest. Then possibly surgical resection of anything left.
- If the my cancer has the MSI-H characteristics I could benefit from Immunotherapy using Keytruda. The Keytruda drug has not been approved for CRC lung metastasis treatment(will have to dig into my own pockets for that), but promising results have been obtained.
If anyone has any experience or input or suggestions to me that would be greatly appreciated.
Best regards, BG
- All Discussion Boards
- 6 CSN Information
- 6 Welcome to CSN
- 120.7K Cancer specific
- 2.8K Anal Cancer
- 440 Bladder Cancer
- 304 Bone Cancers
- 1.6K Brain Cancer
- 28.4K Breast Cancer
- 388 Childhood Cancers
- 27.8K Colorectal Cancer
- 4.6K Esophageal Cancer
- 1.1K Gynecological Cancers (other than ovarian and uterine)
- 12.8K Head and Neck Cancer
- 6.3K Kidney Cancer
- 659 Leukemia
- 779 Liver Cancer
- 4.1K Lung Cancer
- 5K Lymphoma (Hodgkin and Non-Hodgkin)
- 232 Multiple Myeloma
- 7.1K Ovarian Cancer
- 47 Pancreatic Cancer
- 485 Peritoneal Cancer
- 5.2K Prostate Cancer
- 1.2K Rare and Other Cancers
- 531 Sarcoma
- 706 Skin Cancer
- 642 Stomach Cancer
- 190 Testicular Cancer
- 1.5K Thyroid Cancer
- 5.8K Uterine/Endometrial Cancer
- 6.3K Other Discussion Boards