Does anyone else have these joint pains?

2»

Comments

• hjarchower
    hjarchower Member Posts: 14
    Neulasta - Pink/Rocquie

Pink we all have different systems and therefore react differently. As far as Rocquie stating that the doctor only gives Neulasta when your white blood cell counts drop to low is not always the case. My doctor gave me Neulasta 24 hours after each treatment of Bendamustine and I have never had a white blood cell issue. I beleive there are many doctors with many theories on how to treat this ugly disease and it may be that the most common for a "low white blood cell count" is Nuelasta?

Thanks for your kind words Pink,

A speady recovery

Howard

• Pinknikegirl1974
    Pinknikegirl1974 Member Posts: 12
    edited February 2018 #23
    Luckyp said:

Double hit lymphoma

i am 2 years out from epoch-r chemo and doing great in remission but have significant weakness in my legs and gosh awful heartburn. Anyone else experience that?  My first post on here

Heartburn

Hi Luckyp..I wish I could help but I got gerds and heartburn issues before chemo...I think it’s safe to say it feels worse after my treatments but that could be a total coincidence. I think it’s just that the chemo dried my body out so much that I’m feeling it in my throat and esophagus! Still trying to rehydrate and my chemo ended months ago now..

I wish I could help more :(

• lindary
    lindary Member Posts: 711 Member
    Pain after chemo

There has already been a lot of talk on the bone pain.

So about muscle pain and stiffness.

About 6 months after I completed chemo I was noticing a stiffness and some soreness in my muscles. I knoew that I had not been walking as much as I used to but found it hard to get back into walking. I finally tried going for a massage at a little place in a nearby shopping mall. After about a week of weekly massages I felt a hugh difference. Enough that I could walk easier and more. At the time Pokemon Go was a big thing so I used that game to keep me walking. This year I switched over to a massage therapist and have added streching to my "activities". I am over 60 so it is important to me to keep moving as much as I can on a daily basis. All of this has helped. 

• lindary said:

Pain after chemo

There has already been a lot of talk on the bone pain.

So about muscle pain and stiffness.

About 6 months after I completed chemo I was noticing a stiffness and some soreness in my muscles. I knoew that I had not been walking as much as I used to but found it hard to get back into walking. I finally tried going for a massage at a little place in a nearby shopping mall. After about a week of weekly massages I felt a hugh difference. Enough that I could walk easier and more. At the time Pokemon Go was a big thing so I used that game to keep me walking. This year I switched over to a massage therapist and have added streching to my "activities". I am over 60 so it is important to me to keep moving as much as I can on a daily basis. All of this has helped. 

I appreciate that!

Thank you Lindary for that information! I think it’s great you were playing Pokémon go :) My son is 12 years old so Pokémon go is a big thing for our family..we used to have a lot of fun outings with that and it really helped to get my son active..so now it’s my turn! I think we just may start up that game again :)

• Luckyp
    Luckyp Member Posts: 11 Member
    edited February 2018 #26

Heartburn

Hi Luckyp..I wish I could help but I got gerds and heartburn issues before chemo...I think it’s safe to say it feels worse after my treatments but that could be a total coincidence. I think it’s just that the chemo dried my body out so much that I’m feeling it in my throat and esophagus! Still trying to rehydrate and my chemo ended months ago now..

I wish I could help more :(

I also had gerds before the

I also had gerds before the chemo, it has just become life altering after the chemo. i had many tumors around my wind pipe so maybe it is the drying out from the chemo. I can’t explain the leg weakness but it may be a combo of aging And the chemo. Thanks for your response. I have learned a lot from these discussions. Would love to hear from other double hit survivors