Need to hear from you ladies re path report

Options
13»

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options

DonnaFaye - I'm glad you have

DonnaFaye - I'm glad you have made a decision that feels right for you. Follow your gut and be at peace with your move forward. 

Love and Hugs,

Cindi

I agree with you, Cindi.  You

I agree with you, Cindi.  You said it beautifully.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Armywife said:

Have you heard?

Thinking of you, Kaleena - any results yet?  Also, you mentioned having pain - can you describe what that pain felt like?

pain

I do have a high tolerance to pain.  However, this pain feels almost like menstrual cramps or a very deep achiness.   If I let it go too long then I do get pain.   The pain is mainly in my rectum/tail bone area.  Also, it affect my bladder.  It makes my bladder ache.   Sometimes I don't even realize I am in pain until it is gone.   I'm so used to it at times.   Like a tooth ache.   You have it and then you don't.   I do get some queasiness too when I am feeling "achy".    It wears you down.   But I have found that I take motrin at the start of any feeling it keeps it in check.   I was concerned about taking motrin daily but was okd by the doctors.   I have been referred to the pain clinic, but haven't made it there yet.

this pain is different from other aches and pains as with those ones, if I have an alcholic drink that pain would normally go away.  However, with this stupid dull achiness, I recently had an alcholic drink (the only thing that was achy was the place where I believe the mass is).   This is just my thoughts on it.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    ConnieSW said:

True Grit

Kathy, I always feel overwhelmed reading everything that has happened to you. Your toughness awes me. I'll be waiting to hear from you March 1. 

Thanks, Connie

We just keep on chugging!  My gyne/onc called and asked if I had spoke with the oncologist yet.  I told her my appointment is March 1st.   She did say that she saw my MRI and that there was a slight progression.  I think she said something like 13 mm to 23 mm???   I haven't seen the report yet and I was talking to her at work so I didn't get to talk freely.   She did say that the oncologist believes he can get this out with surgery, but there are so many questions I need to ask so I will leave it at that for now until I see him on Thursday.

In the meantime, I will be watching my youngest son in a musical today.  He is playing Curly in the musical Oklahoma!   Also, decorating my house for Spring.   Although they are calling for almost 4 inches of rain by Sunday night!  At least the temperatures are warmer!

Hugs!

Kathy

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    edited February 2018 #45
    Options
    Kaleena said:

pain

I do have a high tolerance to pain.  However, this pain feels almost like menstrual cramps or a very deep achiness.   If I let it go too long then I do get pain.   The pain is mainly in my rectum/tail bone area.  Also, it affect my bladder.  It makes my bladder ache.   Sometimes I don't even realize I am in pain until it is gone.   I'm so used to it at times.   Like a tooth ache.   You have it and then you don't.   I do get some queasiness too when I am feeling "achy".    It wears you down.   But I have found that I take motrin at the start of any feeling it keeps it in check.   I was concerned about taking motrin daily but was okd by the doctors.   I have been referred to the pain clinic, but haven't made it there yet.

this pain is different from other aches and pains as with those ones, if I have an alcholic drink that pain would normally go away.  However, with this stupid dull achiness, I recently had an alcholic drink (the only thing that was achy was the place where I believe the mass is).   This is just my thoughts on it.

Pain

I will be praying for you. Trying to survive the pain of this stent I think of you often and how you endured that. Frankly I find this more painful than any of my cancer treatment. 

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Chemo

Although chemo was not nearly as bad as I anticipated, I've felt I would think long and hard about doing it again. I'm glad you've been able to make a decision that works for you. 

Your trip sounds marvelous. Savor every minute. 

• derMaus
    derMaus Member Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    CyberKnife ?

Donna Faye, your vacation sounds wonderful. Enjoy every bit of it! I did think of one last item: did your radiation onc say anything about stereotactic radiation, e.g. CyberKnife, rather than general pelvic radiation? Since your recurrence is in a specific area I wonder if they've considered that. Bon voyage!

• grace_of_god
    grace_of_god Member Posts: 31
    Options

Update

derMaus, thanks for the reply. I am going to follow up on getting  prepscription from an intergrative doctor my son sees.

Abbycat2, my radiologist is fantastic and he is going to do internal even though I had 5 brachy in July. He says it is below the area radiated before and he thinks he can not hit the previous area. But,he was honest that it could cause some problem but I do trust him.

Thanks again everyone for your support. It means much as you all know. I am in SC now with my brother's family on a 40 acre farm. The weather is divine and we are sitting by the pool everyday. It has lifted my spirits so much. Leave tomorrow for an overnight visit with my college roommate in Charleston. On Sunday, drive on to Savannah for 3 days with 4 childhood girlfriends to celebrate our 78th birthdays as we all have March/April  dates!!! Have known each other 75years. So thankful we had this trip planned before I got the news and have time to refresh my mind, heart and soul. 

I am pretty sure I am going to roll the dice and NOT do the added chemo. Will hold that for later if needed but bank on the radiation. 20 years ago the doctor was urging me to have a bone marrow transplant for my stage 3 BC. I researched it and they were still in 2nd clinical trail with no proof of effects. I choose not to put myself and my kids through that and survived 20 years NED.  Chemo just does not seem right to me for now. 

Holding on Chemo

Hi Donna I'm sorry you've got this new spot to deal with and I want to say I really respect your choice to not to the chemo at this point.  I'm 65 but have had chronic health challenges a long time and for me the thought of chemo and radiation is pretty disturbing if it's only buying time I don't think that's how I want to spend it.  For me it's all going to depend of course on where I'm at (hysterectomy thursday) but I will think long and hard about it all.  I hope you're doing well.

• Donna Faye
    Donna Faye Member Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Update

Thought I should update ! I did do the chemo with the external rads ( it is like the cyber knife) enhances the rad beams.Am now almost 5 weeks out from all treatment and feeling good. Bladder and bowel almost back to normal but having to be careful with what I eat. Otherwise doing yardwork, tutoring, and planning on a horseback ride soon.

Glad I listened to the docs and had the chemo as it was not bad at all, just long session(5hrs.) as they give you so much fluid with it.

• MugsBugs
    MugsBugs Member Posts: 111 Member
    Options

Update

Thought I should update ! I did do the chemo with the external rads ( it is like the cyber knife) enhances the rad beams.Am now almost 5 weeks out from all treatment and feeling good. Bladder and bowel almost back to normal but having to be careful with what I eat. Otherwise doing yardwork, tutoring, and planning on a horseback ride soon.

Glad I listened to the docs and had the chemo as it was not bad at all, just long session(5hrs.) as they give you so much fluid with it.

Good News

That is such good news!  I am so glad you are feeling good and ready to 'get back on that horse' both figuratively and literally!  Good luck to you and keep moving forward!Smile

• Harmony09
    Harmony09 Member Posts: 79
    Options

Update

Hello Donna Faye! 

Hello Donna Faye! 

I'm so glad to hear that your treatments went well, and especially that you're feeling well! I hope I can continue as vibrant and graceful as you have...through every battle you've faced. Thank you for being such an amazing inspiration:)

Sincerity,

Stacey

• SF73
    SF73 Member Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Good to hear you are doing

Good to hear you are doing well, Donna Faye. Thanks for the update!