Valentine's Day? really?

2»

Comments

• saltycandy13
    saltycandy13 Member Posts: 167 Member
    edited February 2018 #22
    I apologize too!

I know what people are feeling and I in way was trying to sway the conversation.  Sure, I was lucky, but I don't consider myself out of the woods yet.  But I was just sort of trying to rejoice about rebuilding my life.

I know that survival is the most important thing besides shoes and makeup.  But that's what makes me happy.

Again, I want everyone to know, I am Christian and I do pray for all of you.  Please accept my sincere apology if I hurt anyone.  It's the LAST thing on earth I would ever do.

I have been through a brain tumor, Graves' and yes, early cancer, so I do have some idea of how people feel but to walk in some of your shoes, I wouldn't make light of any of it.  I feel very bad about myself right now.

I can't apologize enough.  I was not trying to turn this into a beauty board.  I lost my grandmother at 56 to ovarian cancer.  I know of her suffering.  I also have lost an aunt to throat cancer, and my father fought thyroid cancer.

So sorry!

Karen

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,677 Member
    edited February 2018 #23
    derMaus said:

Thanks, Cheese and NoTime

Love clothes, love makeup, got lotsa blogs for those, whee! What I really need is a suggestion about how to get my eyelashes to grow again such that I can use mascara. Any ideas? That's what I come here for -- specialized advice about our regretably 'special' condition. It ain't a downer, it's just reality.

CQ, thanks

for expressing my feelings so well. 

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member
    edited February 2018 #24

I apologize too!

I know what people are feeling and I in way was trying to sway the conversation.  Sure, I was lucky, but I don't consider myself out of the woods yet.  But I was just sort of trying to rejoice about rebuilding my life.

I know that survival is the most important thing besides shoes and makeup.  But that's what makes me happy.

Again, I want everyone to know, I am Christian and I do pray for all of you.  Please accept my sincere apology if I hurt anyone.  It's the LAST thing on earth I would ever do.

I have been through a brain tumor, Graves' and yes, early cancer, so I do have some idea of how people feel but to walk in some of your shoes, I wouldn't make light of any of it.  I feel very bad about myself right now.

I can't apologize enough.  I was not trying to turn this into a beauty board.  I lost my grandmother at 56 to ovarian cancer.  I know of her suffering.  I also have lost an aunt to throat cancer, and my father fought thyroid cancer.

So sorry!

Karen

Just words

Sometimes words do not come off as we intend. Only continued good health and happiness is wished for you. 

• saltycandy13
    saltycandy13 Member Posts: 167 Member
    sure it is!

Sealed

• barnyardgal
    barnyardgal Member Posts: 272 Member
    derMaus said:

Thanks, Cheese and NoTime

Love clothes, love makeup, got lotsa blogs for those, whee! What I really need is a suggestion about how to get my eyelashes to grow again such that I can use mascara. Any ideas? That's what I come here for -- specialized advice about our regretably 'special' condition. It ain't a downer, it's just reality.

I have heard castor oil can

I have heard castor oil can help the eyelashes grow in better. I haven't tried it yet but I'm still losing eyelashes and brows right now.

Less than 2 months and I'm done with chemo so I'll try it then. 

Saltycandy , I wasn't offended, and I'm glad you're doing well. But since you seem to know makeup brands, etc maybe some tips on how to make our thin brows and eyelashes look better? 

I never thought of myself as a vain person, but the eyelashes bother me. I always had long thick lashes.

• CheeseQueen57
    CheeseQueen57 Member Posts: 933 Member

I have heard castor oil can

I have heard castor oil can help the eyelashes grow in better. I haven't tried it yet but I'm still losing eyelashes and brows right now.

Less than 2 months and I'm done with chemo so I'll try it then. 

Saltycandy , I wasn't offended, and I'm glad you're doing well. But since you seem to know makeup brands, etc maybe some tips on how to make our thin brows and eyelashes look better? 

I never thought of myself as a vain person, but the eyelashes bother me. I always had long thick lashes.

Brian Joseph’s Lash and Brow Gel

I used this on my brows when on chemo and I didn’t lose all of my brows. I didn’t use it in my lashes since they were very thin already. But I think you are supposed to start using it before you begin chemo. It’s pretty pricey. About $50 a tube and you’re supposed to use it multiple times a day. But it preserved some of my brows. Google it. 

• linmk
    linmk Member Posts: 58

Hair, shoes, lashes, oh my

Don’t get me wrong, Karen. I’m so happy you didn’t have to have any further treatment but I just have to speak out for those of us that are still fighting for our lives. Those of us who are experiencing the heartbreak of losing our hair and will be basically bald for a year before it grows back.  And have lost all of our eyelashes and eyebrows and are trying to draw them in. Those of us who will never be able to wear fancy heels again because of debilitating neuropathy.  Those of us who are just grateful to be able to spend another Valentines Day with our loved ones even if we don’t get roses and candy. Those of us who survived frontline treatment and are now dealing with the complications of that treatment or the disappointment of going through all that and still having a reoccurrence. That’s our new normal. And it‘s a fight mentally and physically to survive every day. I realize that’s a very different reality from yours but that is the reality of many of this group. 

A Big Belated Valentine To You!

Smile 'sorry. I couldn't find any heart emoj, but I know you have a big heart. Be kind to yourself.