Any survivors with Nadir CA125 in two digits?

Options
2»

Comments

• LisaPizza
    LisaPizza Member Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    evolo58 said:

I know many sites recommend

I know many sites recommend waiting at least three weeks because of that reason ... surgical trauma can affect the results. I'm almost four weeks out.

I'm going back for my last three chemos starting tomorrow (for those who are new, I'm on neoadjuvant therapy ... three chemos before, surgery, three chemos after), and just got my fourth CA-125 test done today. To say I'm nervous is an understatment. But I figure as long as it's within normal range, the gyno onco isn't worried about it, and ... BIG and ... after the sessions are done, the number is down (so that would exclude surgical trauma), I'm good. Nevertheless, I was 13 before the surgery, and am VERY nervous what the number is now. I probably will always be whenever I have this test. I guess I need to get used to it ... part of the package.

(CA-125 results before ... 121.6 baseline, 43.7 post 1st-Chemo, 19.2. post-second, 13.0 post-third.)

Regarding the post op effect on Ca 125. Mine was 16.3 pre-op (with stage 3a involving almost the whole uterus, and met to left ovary), so not a good marker for me. For some reason, she ordered again post op, and it was 64 (15  days post op). Even though I knew surgery could increase it - a little stressful! After chemo 1, 2, and 3, it was 16.9, 15.3, and 9.7. I think it drops with menopause (surgically induced in this case).