PET SCAN is C L E A R!!! Cancer went BYE BYE!

ByeByeCancer
ByeByeCancer Member Posts: 54 Member

Hi!  Just wanted to update y'all and let you know that my husband's cancer went BYE-BYE!  Clean PET Scan this past Monday (13 weeks post treatment)!!!

For those that don't know, he was diagnosed in September 2017 with HPV+ Base of Tongue SCC.  Stage IV T2N2M0.  His only symptom of a problem was a swollen lymph node in his neck that didn't go down after courses of anti-biotics and steriods. Trip to ENT and a biopsy ended with a cancer diagnosis on September 7th.  CT scan showed the primary to be on the base of his tongue (not even visible with a scope).  His treatment was 8 Erbitux infusions and 35 radiation treatments.  Finished all of that on November 10th.  His taste buds came back to life last week and he can taste everything again...so, for him, that took about 3 months.  He did not have PEG tube but was on a liquid diet from about week 4 through a week or two post treatment.   Slowly increased solid foods and is now back to eating most foods.  

Anyway, it is hard to believe that the initial diagnosis was just 5 months ago.  He is back to 95% of normal.  Some dry mouth issues (he doesn't like to eat bread), but everything else seems normal, for now anyway.  We'll have to wait and see what the long-term effects of the treatment are.

Thank you to all that provided your stories and advice!  If anyone has questions that I can help with, PLEASE send me a message. I am happy to help out, if I can!!

Comments

• Dean54
    Dean54 Member Posts: 160 Member
    Awesome and can only hope it

Awesome and can only hope it stays that way and I get the same news as I've just had my first scan also!

Wish I had the eating down pat better like your hubby. I can taste a little but it's not pleasant.

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,724 Member
    Hello NED

bbBBC,

That is good news, congratulations.

Matt

• bebo12249
    bebo12249 Member Posts: 181 Member
    Great news!! Bill

Great news!! Bill

• Frances_S
    Frances_S Member Posts: 54
    Wonderful News!

So Happy to Hear, That is wonderful News!