Hello friends

Options
jen2012
jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member

Its been a long time since I've been here and I just started thinking of you all.   I'm happy to see there are still some folks here that I remember :)

This April will be 2 years since my husband died.  I stayed around for a while to lend support to others, but when Jeff Anderson passed I realized I needed to move on.   I'm happy to still connect with AA on FB :)

Yesterday was my husband's birthday. Or should I say yesterday would have been my late husband's birthday??  I still cant say late husband..sounds so odd to me.    It was such a hard day, but today feels lighter.   Our kids are now 20, 17 and 6 and it's been a difficult almost 2 years, but I've managed to keep us busy and moving and distracted and I'm not sure if that's been the right way to handle it.  I don't really know what the right way is.  Life should come with better instructions.

I'm happy to see trubrit and Phil and Tans still posting.  I haven't gone through many posts to see who else is here, but I do think of you all and pray for a cure.  

Comments

• geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    edited February 2018 #2
    Options
    Hi Jen:

I remember you well.   My George passed away shortly after you joined.  Unfortunately, many who were active when you and I were are no longer with us.  John23 and Pete Lost At Sea have also passed away.  I am with you, I wish life came with better instructions to get through the very difficult times.  I hope you children are doing well and moving on with their lives.  Our lives, well, sometimes I wonder if they will ever feel normal again.  I can tell you as time passes it does get a little easier, but the lonely days and evenings persist.  I find things like going to a wedding, going out for dinner, holidays by yourself the hardest.  Being invited out to dinner is so nice but not when you are the only single in the group, everyone else is a couple.  I am still in contact with Living in NH (Cynthia) and we text and talk often.  She is doing well. 

I wish you and your family the best.   Life as we knew it changed for us but please remember to keep on living.   I do not dwell on my George's death like I used to.  I used to question if I did everything possible.  After time I realized, yes I did do everything I could and so did his doctors.

Take care - Tina

• jen2012
    Options
    Hi Tina - I remember you well

Hi Tina - I remember you well also!  For the most part, we are happy.  I try to stay positive and keep the smile on my face, even when I don't feel it.   But like you said, those social events could be horrible.   

Tell Cyn I said hi - I miss her!  

• LivinginNH
    LivinginNH Member Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    jen2012 said:

Hi Tina - I remember you well

Hi Tina - I remember you well also!  For the most part, we are happy.  I try to stay positive and keep the smile on my face, even when I don't feel it.   But like you said, those social events could be horrible.   

Tell Cyn I said hi - I miss her!  

Hi!!

Hi Jen!!  So nice to hear from you, it’s been much toon long since we connected.  I’m very glad that you and your lovely family are doing well.  I’ve missed our chats. I’m doing ok like Tina mentioned, still taking care of Mom, but I’ve called in hospice for a little extra care. Please tell Ann I said hi too!  Love, Cyn

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    Sorry

Sorry for your loss and thankful that you came back on this board 2 years later. It's sometimes very difficult for a spouse to come back on and give an update about themselves after all they've been through.  Glad that you are moving on but I'm sure difficult.  Wishing you the best.

Kim

• Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    geotina said:

Hi Jen:

I remember you well.   My George passed away shortly after you joined.  Unfortunately, many who were active when you and I were are no longer with us.  John23 and Pete Lost At Sea have also passed away.  I am with you, I wish life came with better instructions to get through the very difficult times.  I hope you children are doing well and moving on with their lives.  Our lives, well, sometimes I wonder if they will ever feel normal again.  I can tell you as time passes it does get a little easier, but the lonely days and evenings persist.  I find things like going to a wedding, going out for dinner, holidays by yourself the hardest.  Being invited out to dinner is so nice but not when you are the only single in the group, everyone else is a couple.  I am still in contact with Living in NH (Cynthia) and we text and talk often.  She is doing well. 

I wish you and your family the best.   Life as we knew it changed for us but please remember to keep on living.   I do not dwell on my George's death like I used to.  I used to question if I did everything possible.  After time I realized, yes I did do everything I could and so did his doctors.

Take care - Tina

Tina

So good to see your post.  I'm glad that you are moving on and still letting us know how you are doing.  Wishing you the best in the future.  You were always such a great contributor on this board. 

Hugs!  Kim

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Welcome back

I hope time is easing your loss. Wishing you the best for the future. Ron.

• jen2012
    Options

Hi!!

Hi Jen!!  So nice to hear from you, it’s been much toon long since we connected.  I’m very glad that you and your lovely family are doing well.  I’ve missed our chats. I’m doing ok like Tina mentioned, still taking care of Mom, but I’ve called in hospice for a little extra care. Please tell Ann I said hi too!  Love, Cyn

Hi Cyn!!   Going to message

Hi Cyn!!   Going to message you :)

• jen2012
    Options

Sorry

Sorry for your loss and thankful that you came back on this board 2 years later. It's sometimes very difficult for a spouse to come back on and give an update about themselves after all they've been through.  Glad that you are moving on but I'm sure difficult.  Wishing you the best.

Kim

Thanks Kim - Good to see you

Thanks Kim - Good to see you still here.  You are always such a sweet and kind cheerleader!

• jen2012
    Options
    ron50 said:

Welcome back

I hope time is easing your loss. Wishing you the best for the future. Ron.

Thanks Ron.  I hope you are

Thanks Ron.  I hope you are doing well.   Nice to see some familiar faces still around.

• jen2012
    Options
    I'm sad to hear that John and

I'm sad to hear that John and Pete have passed.  They both surely put up a good fight.

Are Cathleen Mary, Wolfen & Danker still posting?

• tanstaafl
    tanstaafl Member Posts: 1,313 Member
    Options
    hi

Thanks for thinking of us. My best wshes for you and your family.  

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    jen2012 said:

I'm sad to hear that John and

I'm sad to hear that John and Pete have passed.  They both surely put up a good fight.

Are Cathleen Mary, Wolfen & Danker still posting?

Hello Jen

What a treat to see your name pop up. 

Life will never be what it should have been. What we all dream of, growing old with our loved one, and watching the children grow into adults and make their own lives. I am glad though, that you get to watch them grow, in spite of the bitter-sweet of doing it alone.

It has been a while since I have read anything from Cathleen Mary and Wolfen, and I miss them both. Such good women, and so many posts that have helped people along their own journey.   Danker on the other hand, posts often, and is doing very well. He is my hero, and our most senior member on this forum.  I'm sure he will see your post soon. 

I wish you well as you move forward. Living with the joy of watching your children grow. 

Cyber hugs! 

Tru