Partial remission NPC

Hi,

previously this week I asked a question in regard to my husband 3 months post treatment CT Scan.  He is scheduled also for an MRI and a PET scan mid february by then it will be 4 months since last radiation.  thanks to a reply I got the term partial remission out of the discussion, so thank you.

We were both surprise to see that only 50% of the cancer was gone,  so we will have to wait and see what will show later.  One lymph node in particular was bothering the oncologist since the beginning at the supraclavicular level on the left side.   Also 1 month ago an endoscope exam of the region showed no sign of anything, everything was pink and smooth like a baby’s butt :0),  saw it with my own eyes on the computer screen and everyone was jolly and happy.  This time the resident oncologist saw a mass and the radio oncologist said that it was probably scarring, in my book you dont go from smooth to lumpy.

so for those with NPC did some of you get partial remission after 3 months scans but some improvement in the months to come.  Did you get further treatments, etc

thank you for your knowledge

Comments

• Kenny-
    Kenny- Member Posts: 99 Member
    Scarring

my radiologists has the same interpretation. The first scan had ambigious signs if scarring, second scan showed complete response. My ent from scoping says it looks more like scarring too.

• Peneloppe
    Peneloppe Member Posts: 28
    Kenny- said:

Scarring

my radiologists has the same interpretation. The first scan had ambigious signs if scarring, second scan showed complete response. My ent from scoping says it looks more like scarring too.

Thanks

Thanks