Lung mets for $2000, Alex...

Options
13»

Comments

• rhominator
    rhominator Member Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Oncologist said he'd "bet his house" on new treatment

"She said probably not 10, at least based on where we are today. *Whomp*  However, she did say that could change as new things come out."

Both my primary oncologist and radation oncologist have assured me that there's lots of progress in the kidney cancer arena. The radiation oncologist even said he'd "bet his house" that there'll be another new treatment available when whatever I'm on stops working.  This was not the case several years ago.

• klj15
    klj15 Member Posts: 38
    Options
    I cannot begin to imagine the

I cannot begin to imagine the thoughts and feelings going through your mind right now. I pray for a good outcome with the meds, and little to no side effects. This group is great - we’ve all got different experiences along our journey and can learn so much from each other (or support someone). 

A member here recommended www.smartpatients.com to me. I recommend them to you if you are not already familiar with them. It’s a different type of support environment, but wonderful information from people who understand what you’re going through. Lots of discussion about meds too. 

Good luck! I look forward to reading your follow up success posts. 

• ImNotDeadYet
    ImNotDeadYet Member Posts: 244
    Options
    klj15 said:

I cannot begin to imagine the

I cannot begin to imagine the thoughts and feelings going through your mind right now. I pray for a good outcome with the meds, and little to no side effects. This group is great - we’ve all got different experiences along our journey and can learn so much from each other (or support someone). 

A member here recommended www.smartpatients.com to me. I recommend them to you if you are not already familiar with them. It’s a different type of support environment, but wonderful information from people who understand what you’re going through. Lots of discussion about meds too. 

Good luck! I look forward to reading your follow up success posts. 

So did my doc!

Thanks. My oncologist also recommened I check out that site, and I've seen it referenced here before. I appreciate your reminder, and I've just signed up to be on that site.