Advice needed for pain during recovery

Options
2»

Comments

• dwp155
    dwp155 Member Posts: 30
    Options
    Doing Well

Christine, it sounds like your husband and I are reacting about the same.  Just when you think you are better, you are not.  I am really jusy trying to take it as it goes and somedays it works!

• Drivingdaisy
    Drivingdaisy Member Posts: 263
    Options
    Very Similiar reactions

I am a 2 yr Surviver but have many, many side effects.  During Chemo/ Rads I had allot of sensitivity, didn’t like being touched.  That has calmed down but being in Fl. I am always cold.  Before cancer dealt with Menopause so always. hot, what a difference.  People here stared to stare at me since I am always layered to stay warm.  Sleep with a heating pad.  I did lose 40 lbs during treatment & had to eat through a feeding tube so no meat on my body for insulation.  2 years & only put on 10 lbs but always hungry, 3 meals a day, taking forever.  I have a ruined thyroid & No saliva.  Miserable.  If I get a little saliva it’s Chemo saliva ......thick & ropey.  I also suffer from sinus issues & this yr it’s been horrible here in Fl due to the up & down weather....comes in waves.  Mix that mucus with saliva mucus .....yuck.   Always dry mouth, drink too much fluids & developed loss of sodium issues.  Caused a stroke this past Oct on my 60th Birthday. During we’ll just seem tired all the time.  So you see We all have our new normal.  At 3 months post recovering, I was deamed Cancer Free & eating steak. Mostly bloody prime rib, extra juice.  I was doing better than than I am now.  Every day is new, so as they say, One day at a Time.  Best way to handle it.