Count Down Has Come

2»

Comments

• NoniK
    NoniK Member Posts: 46
    Ask for spirometer after surgery and directions on how to use it

Hi Karen,

I hope your surgery went well. I had the same surgery in November. The recovery went well and it wasn’t nearly as bad as I worried it would be. My recovery problem was breathing. The gas they use to inflate my abdomen got stuck in the upper right portion of my chest. I used the spirometer everyday as often as I remembered it. It hepled move the gas and aided me in taking deep breathes. 

I’m so glad you’re on the other side of the surgery. Now let the healing begin. Be kind to yourself and do not rush to get going. It took me the full 8 weeks until I felt really healed and back to myself. This is a big deal and your body deserves as much time as it needs to heal.

• HorseLvr
    HorseLvr Member Posts: 102
    Hope all went well!

Hope all went well!

• saltycandy13
    saltycandy13 Member Posts: 167 Member
    edited January 2018 #24
    thank you

All of you wonderful ladies!  I am home now.  Everything is gone.  Ovaries, uterus, tubes, and cervix.  Yes had the laprascopic DaVinci thing done.  My abdomen is a mess.  all purple and blue.  I developed a blood clot under my left lower rib and my red blood cell count went down so they almost wouldn't let me go home and then I stabilized, thank God.  Another day in there and I would have cracked up.

Aside from the blood clot, everything else is okay.  Now we are waiting for pathology.  I want this nightmare over with.  Love and hugs to all!  and thank you so much.

Karen

• saltycandy13
    forgot to mention

What I found is that all doctors do things differently and Dr. Google isn't always correct.  I had no catheter.  I got to wear my gown (no nudity) and had to use sterile wipes 3 times, one night before, morning of and then in the operating room.  They used also some iodine so I'm all yellow from the boobs down.  LOL  And all female staff except for the dude that knocked me out.  Really didn't like him.  He wasn't the least bit warm and fuzzy.  So it's not as embarrassing as I thought it was going to be.  They really gave me privacy, dignity and all.  So if anyone gets upset with Dr Google, don't.  All doctors have their own style.  I am glad I don't feel degraded with this surgery

• barnyardgal
    barnyardgal Member Posts: 272 Member
    I'm glad most everything went

I'm glad most everything went well! I was shocked at how much bruising I had, but now I just have 5 tiny scars. I had to spend a 2nd night at the hospital, too, as my salt level dropped too low. My recovery was quick, and I hope yours is too!!

• Northwoodsgirl
    Northwoodsgirl Member Posts: 571
    edited January 2018 #27
    Glad your home from hospital

So glad to hear you are home from your surgery. The blood clot is scary! A warm wash cloth will wipe off the betadine on you torso. They put that on you to try to minimize the amount of bacteria, virus or other things that could infect your surgical wounds. It stains clothes and sheets so hopefully you have washed it off by now. Hope your recovery is uneventful! 

• saltycandy13
    forgot to mention

yes I did clean that off.  Horrible stuff.  LOL

• JinVa
    JinVa Member Posts: 29
    edited January 2018 #29
    Speedy recovery to you!

Hi Karen,

Thanks so much for updating us; sounds like the surgery itself went well. I am so glad that experience seems to be overall positive. Wishing you a speedy recovery and good news from the pathology report. Please keep us posted!

• HorseLvr
    HorseLvr Member Posts: 102
    Glad it's behind you now.

Glad it's behind you now. Best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

• cheerful
    cheerful Member Posts: 261 Member
    edited January 2018 #31

Hi Karen:

Glad to hear that your surgery went well.  I hope you have a speedy recovery. I was diagnosed with Stage 1 (UPSC) in February of 2011. My 7 year anniversary is coming up in the next 2 weeks. It took me 8 weeks to recover from the surgery as I just had a normal hyserectomy and could not drive for that time.   I went through chemo had 6 rounds of it and 3 brachytherapy treatments as I started in April of 2011 and finished with brachytherapy treatments in October of 2011.  

Keep us ladies posted as to how you are doing.

Cheerful

a/k/a Jane

• saltycandy13
    absolutely!

thank you Jane for your kind words.  I will.