Coffee Enema

Options
Nicm
Nicm Member Posts: 32 Member

Hi! I saw a documentary called "The Truth About Cancer." In it, Susane Somers talks about the beneifts of coffee enemas. Just wondering if anyone here has given them a try? What did you think?

Comments

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Coffee Enemas

I have done coffee enemas and many integrative and alternative doctors recommend them for cancer patients during and after treatment.  They are good for detoxing the body and toxins are one of the causes of cancer.  If your mom decideds to do them, she will want to use organic coffee.  I prefer a stainless steel enema bucket to a bag because it is easier to clean.  Have you considered consulting with a naturopath or functional medicine doctor?

• Nicm
    Nicm Member Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Tethys41 said:

Coffee Enemas

I have done coffee enemas and many integrative and alternative doctors recommend them for cancer patients during and after treatment.  They are good for detoxing the body and toxins are one of the causes of cancer.  If your mom decideds to do them, she will want to use organic coffee.  I prefer a stainless steel enema bucket to a bag because it is easier to clean.  Have you considered consulting with a naturopath or functional medicine doctor?

Thank you Tethys41 for

Thank you Tethys41 for responding. We consulted one 5 years ago, when she initially got cancer. Maybe I can tell her to consult with him again this time around (her cancer has come back). I am wondering if there is any pain involved with the coffee enema? Was it uncomfortable? Thanks again!

• Tethys41
    Tethys41 Member Posts: 1,382 Member
    Options
    Pain

Nicm,

Nope, no pain at all with the enemas and no discomfort.  I put it off for a long time, just because it seemed distasteful.  But once I did one, I realized it was actually quite relaxing.  Personally, my experience with my naturopath was so supportive, I can't imagine addressing something like cancer without one.  I know a number of women, who have been diagnosed with ovarian cancer, and the ones who took an integrative approach from the very start do better in the long run.  The only reason I can think of is that the integrative therapies help protect the body from damage the chemo drugs can do.