Fingers getting brown?

abita
abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member

I think my fingers are turning brown. Has this happened to anyone else? My skin is drier so I am wondering if it is just dead skin that needs to be sloughed off. I also got a brown spot on my forehead.

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Me! Me! It happened to me!

The skin around my nails turned an ugly brown colour when I was on the FOLFOX, 5FU cocktail. 

It went away after treatment, so its not permanent. 

Keep an eye on any and all brown spots though.

The body does weird things during chemo and radiation. 

Tru

• abita
    Trubrit said:

Me! Me! It happened to me!

The skin around my nails turned an ugly brown colour when I was on the FOLFOX, 5FU cocktail. 

It went away after treatment, so its not permanent. 

Keep an eye on any and all brown spots though.

The body does weird things during chemo and radiation. 

Tru

Good to know it isn't

Good to know it isn't permanent. I am very pale, so it looks really weird. And yes the tips are even darker than the rest. I will mention it Tues. Although the main topic that day will be whether doing surgery on liver now or another round of chemo first.

• Mikenh
    Mikenh Member Posts: 777
    I have one on my pinky that

I have one on my pinky that seems to have appeared in the past week. Between the cold weather and chemo, I'm not surprised at the reactions in my sink. I ordered Burt's Bees Wax to try and help on my hands.

• abita
    Mikenh said:

I have one on my pinky that

I have one on my pinky that seems to have appeared in the past week. Between the cold weather and chemo, I'm not surprised at the reactions in my sink. I ordered Burt's Bees Wax to try and help on my hands.

I am going to try exfoliation

I am going to try exfoliation and lotion in case it is built up dry skin. Not sure if it ithat, or in the pigment itself. I am wiped out from the scan yesterday and today so will start tomorrow.

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    hi Abita

I had 48 weekly infusions of 5fu as my main chemo agent . It was delivered via canula in the back of my hand . Alternate hands each week. By the end of chemo the veins in both arrms from hand to shoulder turned almost black because of the 5fu. My onc told me it would fade within a few months of finishing chemo and it did with no apparent long term effects ,Ron.

• abita
    ron50 said:

hi Abita

I had 48 weekly infusions of 5fu as my main chemo agent . It was delivered via canula in the back of my hand . Alternate hands each week. By the end of chemo the veins in both arrms from hand to shoulder turned almost black because of the 5fu. My onc told me it would fade within a few months of finishing chemo and it did with no apparent long term effects ,Ron.

Good to know it goes away.

Good to know it goes away. Thanks. 48 weekly infusions seems like a lot. I am only getting 12, and on a 2 week cycle.

• Mikenh
    Mikenh Member Posts: 777
    edited January 2018 #8
    I just looked at the back of

I just looked at the back of my hands. Dark brown at the knucles and they look quite ugly.

• abita
    edited January 2018 #9
    Mikenh said:

I just looked at the back of

I just looked at the back of my hands. Dark brown at the knucles and they look quite ugly.

It looks so weird. It looks

It looks so weird. It looks like I was sunbathing with long sleeves on.