Treatment Started

Options
2»

Comments

• caholz33
    caholz33 Member Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You Got This

Wonderful to hear that you are getting closer to the home stretch.  Hope you are able to eat and keep your counts as high as possible.  You're almost there!  Sending hugs.

• eihtak
    eihtak Member Posts: 1,473 Member
    Options
    maggiesco...

Just letting you know that we are here, with you, thinking of you and cheering you on!

katheryn

• maggiesco
    maggiesco Member Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2018 #24
    Options
    8 days left

8 days of treatment left, I'm now counting down the days! But yes, I'm feeling the burn and managing ok. Doctors seem optimistic and I'm just taking it day by day. 

Any advice for numbing cream and relief cream (without alcohol) that will ease pooping?

• mp327
    mp327 Member Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    maggiesco

Lidocaine!  That is a numbing agent that can be purchased over the counter.  I'm glad you only have 8 days of treatment left.  I know you are in the worst part of it here at the end, but hang in there--you will get through it! 

• caholz33
    caholz33 Member Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Lidocaine

There is an OTC product but the doctor may be able to give you higher strength?  I guess now 7 more treatments - YEAH!  You are awesome Maggie!  Is next week the second round of chemo?

• tanda
    tanda Member Posts: 174 Member
    edited February 2018 #27
    Options
    Lidocaine

The nurses gave me Aquaphor mixed with lidocaine...also domboro soaks; I also did sitz baths several times a day and spent some time lying in the bathtub with the water running--very soothing.

You,re  almost there, and the next week or so of treatment will be a real challenge... then a very few weeks  of rest and recuperation ...then you will turn the corner and things will begin to get better.  Hang in there...you have been doing very well

• Mollymaude
    Mollymaude Member Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Maggie

Hang in there, we are all rooting for you! 

• Sparrow1946
    Sparrow1946 Member Posts: 17
    edited February 2018 #29
    Options
    Maggie

Thinking of you and sending you strength and comfort. I'll be saying prayers for you.