vinegar

Options

I finished chemo & radiation for tonsil carcinoma about six months ago, and I am trying to find out if I will ever be able to eat food (mostly sauces) that contain vinegar, without my mouth burning ?

Comments

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,723 Member
    Options
    welcome

Walt333,

Welcome to H&N 2017.

Yes, In 2018 you will most lonely eat food (mostly sauces) that contain vinegar, without (maybe) your mouth burning.

I like them very much.

Matt

• Chilinily
    Chilinily Member Posts: 15
    Options
    Ask your doc to check for

Ask your doc to check for thrush/candida. My throat & tongue were so soar, months after radiation. Finally he suggested a 10 day perscription of fluconazol, followed by continuing with one pill a week. No pain since for 4 months now. Finally!I still have very dry mouth & throat, but the thrush stays gone. One year since radiation finished. Good luck getting help.

• Walt333
    Walt333 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    CivilMatt said:

welcome

Walt333,

Welcome to H&N 2017.

Yes, In 2018 you will most lonely eat food (mostly sauces) that contain vinegar, without (maybe) your mouth burning.

I like them very much.

Matt

Thank you for the info I cant

Thank you for the info I cant wait it seems vinegar is in just about everything that makes food go down easier

• Walt333
    Walt333 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Chilinily said:

Ask your doc to check for

Ask your doc to check for thrush/candida. My throat & tongue were so soar, months after radiation. Finally he suggested a 10 day perscription of fluconazol, followed by continuing with one pill a week. No pain since for 4 months now. Finally!I still have very dry mouth & throat, but the thrush stays gone. One year since radiation finished. Good luck getting help.

thank you I will look into

thank you I will look into that for sure