Can't make it through the night without going to the bathroom

Sal7864
Sal7864 Member Posts: 52

I used to be able to hold it now I'm up one or two times a night passing urine and I don't think I'm drinking any more than I did before hopefully this will clear up with time.

Also I've had some stomach cramp issues the last few days don't know if it's because of the stomach bug going around or if it's just part of the process had some diarrhea too.

Does any of this sound familiar to anyone?

Thanks 

Sal

Comments

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member
    I am sorry you are having all

I am sorry you are having all this going on. I have not experienced this, but wonder if you called your surgeon's office?

You don't want an UTInfection.

Let us know what you learn. Don't just suffer, get this checked out.

Sending you HEALING hugs,

Jan

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    I can no longer hold it like

I can no longer hold it like I used to. I get up at least once in the night. I do not have an infection. I think it will just be this way for me from now on. Not sure why.

• Rockspin
    Rockspin Member Posts: 77
    I get up frequently too but I

I get up frequently too but I also drink lots of water. 

• Bay Area Guy
    Bay Area Guy Member Posts: 618 Member
    I drink quite a bit of water

I drink quite a bit of water and I have to gt up a couple of times at night (and I promptly drink more water.....go figure).  In my case, there's no infection.  I just think it's old-fartedness starting to rear its ugly head.

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member

I drink quite a bit of water

I drink quite a bit of water and I have to gt up a couple of times at night (and I promptly drink more water.....go figure).  In my case, there's no infection.  I just think it's old-fartedness starting to rear its ugly head.

Old-fartedness ahahahahaha

Old-fartedness ahahahahaha

• Steve.Adam
    Steve.Adam Member Posts: 463 Member
    I had that

Hi Sal,

I had that too, when I was home from hospital. For a while I was urinating more often than usual. I don't remember how long that lasted but it settled down after a while. Maybe a couple of weeks.

Steve.

• Angiebby75
    Angiebby75 Member Posts: 208 Member
    I get up a least once a night

I get up a least once a night 

• APny
    APny Member Posts: 1,995 Member
    I get up once a night too.

I get up once a night too. But I do drink a lot of water during the day.

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    I drink nothing

after 6pm. Only a sip of water with evening meds. If you need someone to talk with in the middle of the night, give me a call. I'll probably be up taking a leak.

• lobbyist0724
    lobbyist0724 Member Posts: 515 Member
    Don't worry, I got the same

Don't worry, I got the same problem for a few months and it went back to normal afterward!

• Canadian Sandy
    Canadian Sandy Member Posts: 784 Member
    edited December 2017 #12
    After a certain age you may

After a certain age you may even get up twice a night.  lol

• stub1969
    stub1969 Member Posts: 966 Member
    Gallon + a day

I drink at least a gallon of water (1 cup of coffee included) per day.  I've been doing this for a while now and have learned to tone it back after 6:00 pm.  If I don't I'll be up 3-4 times per night.

Stub