The extrme cold weather that some of us are exposed to

SophDan2
SophDan2 Member Posts: 150 Member
edited December 2017 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Having completed my treatment (folfox 5FU) back on Novemeber 8th, I am no longer experiencing the extreme sensitivity to the cold weather anymore, but I do remember how it felt!

I hope that those of you who are dealing with the sensitvity to the cold are bundling up when you go outside. My thoughts go out to you, as I know that it is not a pleasant feeling.

Take care and think warm thoughts.

Barry

Comments

• abita
    abita Member Posts: 1,152 Member
    I have avoided going outside

I have avoided going outside since we got this below freezing spell. But this is the 3 "good days" at the end of my 2 week cycle so going to attempt groceries and going out to do laundry. Hopefully, the cold sensitivity won't be as bad since last 3 days. Weirdly, I can drink cold again, and don't have to wait for water to warm before washing my hands, but grabbing something out of fridge or walking on the cold stone floor still affect me. Glad to hear that yours went away. My 4th is Tues, with 12 after that, but at least I can look forward to going back to normal in 6 months. 

• Mikenh
    Mikenh Member Posts: 777
    What I wore outside today:

Athletic socks, Wool Socks, Shorts, Long Underwear, Warmup Pants, T-Shirt, Tech Long-Sleeve Shirt, Fleece shirt with Balaclava, Standalone Balaclava, Ski Googles, Down Coat, Running Shoes, Fleece gloves over fleece glove liners.

I had no exposed skin outside.

• Ruthmomto4
    Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
    My husband is getting a treatment tomorrow

we are in Connecticut its 6 degrees right now, to think he literally argued with me about taking the lights off the house today because I was thinking ahead and knew it would ten times worse for him Saturday. Stubborn! Hang in there everyone!

• Mikenh
    Mikenh Member Posts: 777

we are in Connecticut its 6 degrees right now, to think he literally argued with me about taking the lights off the house today because I was thinking ahead and knew it would ten times worse for him Saturday. Stubborn! Hang in there everyone!

He could always procrastinate

He could always procrastinate a week while the Oxaliplatin wears off to take them down.

• abita

I find the last two days I

I find the last two days I have nocold sensitivity, and that it lessens up to that point also.

• SophDan2
    SophDan2 Member Posts: 150 Member
    Mikenh said:

Athletic socks, Wool Socks, Shorts, Long Underwear, Warmup Pants, T-Shirt, Tech Long-Sleeve Shirt, Fleece shirt with Balaclava, Standalone Balaclava, Ski Googles, Down Coat, Running Shoes, Fleece gloves over fleece glove liners.

I had no exposed skin outside.

That ought to do it Mike!

That ought to do it Mike! I was sweating just reading your list Laughing

• Ruthmomto4
    Mikenh said:

He could always procrastinate

He could always procrastinate a week while the Oxaliplatin wears off to take them down.

I won the "discussion"

he took them down yesterday. It was still cold and he still has trouble in the cold even 14 days out. Doing it today or Sunday would have been crazy, and I am a bit OCD on all decorations down by New Years Day. 

• abita

I won the "discussion"

he took them down yesterday. It was still cold and he still has trouble in the cold even 14 days out. Doing it today or Sunday would have been crazy, and I am a bit OCD on all decorations down by New Years Day. 

I live in NYC, but am from

I live in NYC, but am from Louisiana. In Louisiana, we keep the decorations up until the Day of Epiphany, Jan 6th. The French Quarter even has a parade for the date. That day kicks off Mardi Gras Season. 

• Lily Flower
    Lily Flower Member Posts: 260 Member
    edited December 2017 #10
    It's brutal out there and it

It's brutal out there and it's suppose to last till next week (actually next year...hahaha)! Driving to work isn't as bad as my car is in the garage and the temp is usually at 55ish. Driving home is a struggle. I park in the lot but it's outdoor. Even wearing gloves I could still feel my fingers burning and stinging. I couldn't even gas up my car yesterday...too painful on my fingers. Since my friend and I are going to try this new Mexican place not far from my house tonight, he said he will help me gas up. A wonderful friend! 

Barry, thank you for thinking of us.

Mike, good god no wind would go through those layers. I'm also sweating just by reading it. LOL!

Stay warm to my friends on Northeast. And yes, think warm thoughts! :)

• Ruthmomto4
    abita said:

I live in NYC, but am from

I live in NYC, but am from Louisiana. In Louisiana, we keep the decorations up until the Day of Epiphany, Jan 6th. The French Quarter even has a parade for the date. That day kicks off Mardi Gras Season. 

I know but here in my house

it comes down NewYear's day lol I love Christmas it takes 3 days to put everything up in my house but when its over, I am done :)

• Ruthmomto4

It's brutal out there and it

It's brutal out there and it's suppose to last till next week (actually next year...hahaha)! Driving to work isn't as bad as my car is in the garage and the temp is usually at 55ish. Driving home is a struggle. I park in the lot but it's outdoor. Even wearing gloves I could still feel my fingers burning and stinging. I couldn't even gas up my car yesterday...too painful on my fingers. Since my friend and I are going to try this new Mexican place not far from my house tonight, he said he will help me gas up. A wonderful friend! 

Barry, thank you for thinking of us.

Mike, good god no wind would go through those layers. I'm also sweating just by reading it. LOL!

Stay warm to my friends on Northeast. And yes, think warm thoughts! :)

Have fun tonight Lily!!

bundle up & enjoy!!!