Comments

• Curlyn
    Curlyn Member Posts: 189
    edited January 2018 #22
    Options
    Frances_S said:

Now 6 weeks post treatment

Hi Curlyn,

Thank you for asking. It is now 6 weeks 1 day post treatment and he is doing wonderful.  We did go to see a swallowing therapist at 4 weeks post treatment. She did not find any problems with his swallowing. Thank God! She felt he developed a fear of choking and she recomended weaning him off of the pain meds. She also gave him some swallowing excercizes to do. When he was fully weaned off of the pain meds by 5 1/2 weeks, he really started to improve. He was no longer nauseous and little by little started to eat.

Today was a great day. He ate two sunny side up eggs on toast. The toast surprised me. He also had pasta and a eggplant rollatini for lunch, and chicken, broccoli and noodles with gravy for dinner, he even snacked on cookies. His mouth still feels dry, but he has some of his taste back. He learned from the swallowing therapist how to deal with the dryness. 

How are you doing?

Oh, so good to hear! I am 10

Oh, so good to hear! I am 10 weeks out now and eating everything and anything. Gained a pound or two. Doing high energy gym classes. It just all falls together. I got tired of wondering what I wouldn't be able to do, so I just started doing it all. Your husband sounds like he is well on that road to recovery!