Urologist - Finally

Cybball
Cybball Member Posts: 111

Well, I finally got to meet with a urologist yesterday.  I hand picked him based on some homework.  Super nice guy.  He showed me my scans, said it has not spread (despite some minorly swollen nodes in the area of my liver) and said he can remove it.  I have fatty liver and he thought the nodes are from that or something else.  He said that because my tumor is on the backside of my kidney, the robotic wouldn't really work well.  He said it would be best to do an open, partial nephrectomy.  I honestly did not even care.  I was so happy to just finally have someone tell me really what was going on and it was good news, rather than worse news.  The tumor is around 2cm.  He said surgery will be between 4-6 weeks out.  Scheduling will call me next week to set a date.  He said nothing to worry about as far as timing of the procedure.  

I feel like I can breath again.  Going to enjoy the holidays and my family.  Then another hurdle to climb to get back to life.  Thanks to all that listen.  This site has helped me cope day to day and given a ton of great info.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!!

Comments

• Xmasevebaby
    Xmasevebaby Member Posts: 4
    Cybball

Good luck with your surgery. I had a partial nephrectomy a little over a month ago and it went well. I hope you have the same experience. My tumor was 3cm. Surgery should go well and you'll be able to move on with life.

• AnnissaP
    AnnissaP Member Posts: 632 Member
    Yes! A great relief once

Yes! A great relief once everything is in place!! Great news. Have a wonderful Christmas!!