Advice on food ideas for husband please!

Options
2»

Comments

• Simply Southern
    Simply Southern Member Posts: 13
    Options
    You can also try mac n cheese

You can also try mac n cheese...That was my go to the first go round. Hope he begins to feel better and can put some weight back on!!

• Simply Southern
    Options
    carrieh said:

I had to have feeding tubes.

I had to have feeding tubes. Tried every pill etc..no appetite and couldn't keep anything down. I started smoking pot. No shame. I actually ate by mouth...it was amazing. Just a suggestion if he's open to it. I know everyone feels differntly...but IMHO it's medicine and healthier than pharma. Foods for the especially nauseous person...applesauce, crackers, bites of cheese, leave foods like that on the counter to get warm. If he drinks coffee look up bulletproof coffee...add protein powder to it. I gained 4 lbs one week from just that. Ummm, simple foods like rice and a mashed or baked potato. Things with strong smells are horrible..eggs and meat cooking etc..think bland, simple etc... Oh! Fruit is almost always tolerable for many people. I wish I could be more help, but I think I lived on liquids and applesauce. 

Carrieh I am with you on the

Carrieh I am with you on the CBD/THC! I am 47 years old and have always been considered "thin". I am 5'7" and around 130 lbs. I lost 15 pounds right before I found out about the last mets to my cervix. Since being on chemo and "the other" I have put on almost five pounds!!! My appetite is great, except for the three days that I am on chemo. I also have minimal nausea and diarrhea.  

• Simply Southern
    edited December 2017 #24
    Options

Thanks so much!

Thank you all for the tips!  I went to the store today and got a variety of stuff for him.  I also made him a casserole and that went well. I'm just having to remind him to eat small amounts often.  He just doesn't want to eat!  

Maybe try some Ginger root. I

Maybe try some Ginger root. I also take that coupled with a few other things and my appetite is great, except for chemo days!! Good luck and Best Wishes! 

• ReeRee2
    ReeRee2 Member Posts: 39
    Options

Maybe try some Ginger root. I

Maybe try some Ginger root. I also take that coupled with a few other things and my appetite is great, except for chemo days!! Good luck and Best Wishes! 

Eating and ginger

i keep organic ginger snaps on hand for the days following chemo to help with nausea along with ginger ale.

• ReeRee2
    ReeRee2 Member Posts: 39
    Options
    Soups

Bone broth is really good for people on chemo and healthy. I have a prote drink I like in chocolat. I have to warm some of my drinks up in the microwave for abot 20 seconds to knock the chill off. I am told stay away from dairy and use as much organic as you can. I am juicing now to make sure I get good nutrients. I am getting ready to do round 5 on the 21st.

• Bellen
    Bellen Member Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Enlive by Ensure

Ensure has a supplement drink called Enlive that assists in maintaining muscle mass.  My dietician at the cancer clinic told me about this. I like the vanilla and use both the Enlive or the Ensure with added calories almost every day, as I have difficulty maintaining my weight.