Follow up appointment more confusing than anything

Ruthmomto4
Ruthmomto4 Member Posts: 708 Member
edited December 2017 in Colorectal Cancer #1

originally she told us 4 treatments, scan, surgery, the rest of treatments. Then it became 6 treatments, scan, surgery, the remaining 6. Now it's well it shrunk so much let's do 4 more treatments scan again, then consider surgery, but maybe finish all 12 treatments surgery,then done. Can I say how much not having an exact plan, or being left with uncertainty is killing me with worry.

then let move to fact the all measurements are abit different, and they were all done in the exact same place. So the tumor in the caudate lobe either went from 3.9 or 3.8 cm to 2.5 cm that's fabulous I know. Happy about this. Now another area that was one of concern but never biopsied was all along the resection margin. This seems to have not changed but again this scan says 5cm other scans say 6.2. Not so worried about this since it's been there for 3 years and shrunk from 10cm.

what scares me half to death is the what they said was a 6mm anterior abdomen nodule that they referred to as stable in january, so no clue how long it's been there. Now they are again saying it's stable at 4mm. Which is it? Because if it shrunk this is bad, but if didnt it might be nothing. She seemed to fluff it off saying it could be fat, it could be nothing, or it could be his abdomen is covered and they won't know until they go in. Not helpful to me! I am distraught to say the least. 

They did not seem at all concerned with his 1.3cm blood clot in the catheter of his port. Does anyone have any guesses on any of this right now I don't know what to think.