What to expect or what to ask for...difficult to detect issue (maybe or maybe not Cancer)

Options

Hi there! So, I have had an itchy breast and heavy feeling, let down feeling, and some remote "pain" of armpit lymph nodes, beginning in right breast, and then beginning in my left here recently. The right breast has had issues for about a year plus now.

So, anyway, I saw my gyn yesterday. She got me into the breast ONC for tomorrow. He has all the equipment in his office so that, when I leave, I should know if I have anything. So far, I have NOT been diagnosed with cancer. However, I am getting checked FOR cancer.

Can anyone please give me an idea as to what to expect from the visit.

I had a 3-D ultrasound recently (July) and it was clear. So, I guess they are looking at other options.

Oh, she also gave me "one" pill to take that could address a possible yeast infection that could be the reason for the itchy breast. She asked me if I've taken Benadryl etc and I said, "If I had an allergic reaction, wouldn't I be itchy other places besides just under my nipple?"

So, no, I've not taken Benedryl but I like how she's trying to be thorough.

If you've not had this done, what can I request to be checked?

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• Prayer Gal
    Prayer Gal Member Posts: 24
    Options
    I have done some research and

I have done some research and note that it could be inflammatory breast cancer or something as insidious as that. Anyone?

• HapB
    HapB Member Posts: 527
    Options
    prayerGal

Try not to worry unless you are told that you have cancer. It could be a lot of things, and most probably not cancer.

• Prayer Gal
    Prayer Gal Member Posts: 24
    Options
    I may just need to continue

I may just need to continue to look into what may be going on with my nodes as well as pay attention to the itchy breast. I had full breast ultrasound on both, and aside from ducts that were dialated, there wasn't anything else wrong, but to return in 3 months. Hooray so far!